Metairie, LA · Member since 2016 · 74 posts · 16 votes
Hey BP Fam!
I'm experienced in the BRRRR strategy and have several long term doors in Jefferson Parish and last year purchased my first STR (condo in Destin). I'm looking at doing some fix & flips this year. I know with the uncertainty in the market it's probably best to look for fix & flips that can be completed within 3-4 months time frame. I'm considering the Jefferson Parish part of the Westbank (Westwego, Avondale, Marrero) or possibly even the Slidell area. Mainly because of the lower potential purchase prices. I'm looking to rehab and flip 3/2 homes somewhere between 1100-1600sqft with an ARV between $150-$250k. Something first time home buyers or young families would be looking to purchase. Any experienced flippers in these areas willing to provide any insight? I've got a couple money partners that I'll be working with to fund the deals and I've got a bunch of experience in construction. Looking for some insight on what your recent experience has been.
You should follow dom_flips_nola on Instagram. It seems she has success in the Avondale market. She is also hosting a real estate investment conference (Invest Fest) this weekend.
Metairie, LA · Member since 2016 · 74 posts · 16 votes
3y
Thanks for taking time to respond. Yes, I've been following her for a while and actually went to the NorthShore REIA meetup last night where she spoke. I'm also signed up for her Investorfest event that she's putting on this Saturday. Are you local? Will you be attending? We should connect.