Put another offer on a property today

Put another offer on a property today

Real Estate Investor · Madison Heights, MI · Member since 2014 · 693 posts · 216 votes

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/11340-Continental-Ave-Warren-MI-48089/83615790_zpid/

got an offer in on this house today. Have not heard back yet.

Needs floors and a new kitchen. Also will make a master suite bedroom. Paint all rooms like all rehabs need.

Details will come later if I get it.

But I will want to flip it but will always make a great rental if need be.

@Aaron Yates

0Reply
78 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Willow Spring, NC · Member since 2013 · 788 posts · 285 votes
12y
Originally posted by @J Scott:
Originally posted by @Scott K.:
WOW I am honored @J Scott . Just bought your books 10 mins ago.

In that case, I'm the one who's honored!!! :-)

One thing to keep in mind on properties like this -- if you're planning to sell for less than $50K, retail buyers are going to be very hard-pressed to find a lender who will lend (most conventional lenders won't lend under $50K).

So, you're either going to have to:

1. Sell to investors

2. Sell to retail cash buyers

3. Hold a note (lease option, lease purchase, seller financing, etc)

4. Find a lender who can do this and make your buyers use that lender

Good luck!

Somerset Lending Corp, [email protected], (248) 686-3542 - they do loans as low as $25k.

See this reply in the discussion

34 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Sherman Oaks, CA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    Scott, don't take my word for it...we need bp pros imput before. This sort of hidden value or lack of is something I am still learning. The number I want to see is IRR, internal rate of return or hidden value of return. Things could change with the taxes for the better. It is rare but it did happen in Cali with prop 13. Literally, it went from super high tax to super low next day.

    Prop 13 is a huge reason why families could move up, without it the taxes created such a burden that one could not afford to move or improve for fear of getting taxed to death. You could trace it all to Prop 13 as far as when Cali values started to climb at a much faster pace then the rest.

  • Sherman Oaks, CA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    Scott, as comparison...I just picked a house for 30k and the tax is $1.16 per day.

  • Real Estate Investor · Madison Heights, MI · Member since 2014 · 693 posts · 216 votes
    12y
    Originally posted by @Matt R.:
    Scott, as comparison...I just picked a house for 30k and the tax is $1.16 per day.


    Well Michigan is not set up like Cali. How do you guys pay for schools out there?

    This is normal in this area. Also with it not being my primary residence the tax is higher for buy and hold investors. That is the reason the rents are high even with a cheaper house

  • Sherman Oaks, CA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y
    Originally posted by @Scott K.:
    Originally posted by @Matt R.:
    Scott, as comparison...I just picked a house for 30k and the tax is $1.16 per day.


    Well Michigan is not set up like Cali. How do you guys pay for schools out there?

    This is normal in this area. Also with it not being my primary residence the tax is higher for buy and hold investors. That is the reason the rents are high even with a cheaper house

    The above 30k example is outside of Cali but Cali is about the same.

    As for Cali the school argument was used to oppose prop 13. I think the values went so high that the 1% sufficient.

    I could understand a high tax if the hood got something more in return like top rated schools and services.

  • Sherman Oaks, CA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y
    Originally posted by @Scott K.:
    Originally posted by @Matt R.:
    Scott, as comparison...I just picked a house for 30k and the tax is $1.16 per day.


    Well Michigan is not set up like Cali. How do you guys pay for schools out there?

    This is normal in this area. Also with it not being my primary residence the tax is higher for buy and hold investors. That is the reason the rents are high even with a cheaper house

    The above 30k example is outside Cali but Cali is about the same. I think the rise in values became a wash as far as school funds. So 100k taxed at 3% was same as 300k at 1%.

  • Real Estate Investor · Madison Heights, MI · Member since 2014 · 693 posts · 216 votes
    12y

    Update:

    Offer was declined. I offered 15k for this property. I just could not go much over that to make the #'s work.

    It needed a roof and siding along with all the needed kitchen, bath, floors, and paint.

    So to the next one.

    I will continue to search for the good value and not just jump at something that is a loser

  • Sherman Oaks, CA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    Excellent decision - the real numbers are the boss. You will find a cleaner one for close to same price.

    Matt

  • Flint, MI · Member since 2013 · 106 posts · 38 votes
    12y

    Sounds like a blessing.

  • Involved In Real Estate · Rochester Hills, MI · Member since 2010 · 812 posts · 178 votes
    12y

    Your biggest problem would have been getting qualified buyers.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.