Do End Buyer Investors See the AB Contract?

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Argyle, TX · Member since 2014 · 112 posts · 73 votes
2y

If you are assigning the property then the end buyer should want to see the AB so they see all terms they are assuming with the assignment. I won't sign an assignment without seeing the AB. I tell my wholesalers they are welcome to redact their price, but we usually find out at closing anyway. 

I agree that some buyers may complain about your fee, but if the numbers work for them then it shouldn't matter. But it is important to know all terms within the AB because the end buyer will be held liable for all of them. As the end buyer, it is also important to be able to verify that the contract is written for the correct property and with the correct seller to ensure I'm not being assigned something incorrectly or that I don't intend to buy. 

The investor and wholesaler should act with good faith towards each other to build a solid, working relationship for repeat business. It's a business of who you know, so maintaining a good standing within your network is vital.

See this reply in the discussion

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2021 · 9k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    2y

    Some wholesalers do not share it, I always request to see it before having the contract assigned to me.

  • Member since 2023 · 164 posts · 15 votes
    2y

    @ Eliott Elias. May I ask why you want to see it? I'm a newbie. I see no benefit showing an investor because he may complain about my wholesaling fee. Perhaps you wouldn't, but I think many will. All I know is that's it's not easy getting a wholesale deal. Many sellers tell me they get contacted 20-50 times a day by wholesalers, investors and bird dogs. however, I know there's wholesalers that sometimes charge 50k-100k, which is raping the seller. I wish gov regulation would prevent such high fees. 

  • Investor · Argyle, TX · Member since 2014 · 112 posts · 73 votes
    2y

    If you are assigning the property then the end buyer should want to see the AB so they see all terms they are assuming with the assignment. I won't sign an assignment without seeing the AB. I tell my wholesalers they are welcome to redact their price, but we usually find out at closing anyway. 

    I agree that some buyers may complain about your fee, but if the numbers work for them then it shouldn't matter. But it is important to know all terms within the AB because the end buyer will be held liable for all of them. As the end buyer, it is also important to be able to verify that the contract is written for the correct property and with the correct seller to ensure I'm not being assigned something incorrectly or that I don't intend to buy. 

    The investor and wholesaler should act with good faith towards each other to build a solid, working relationship for repeat business. It's a business of who you know, so maintaining a good standing within your network is vital.

  • Real Estate Professional · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2012 · 23k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    2y

    @Joseph Hernandez So, you want to assign/sell me a contract….and you think I shouldn’t see the contract I’m buying? 😂😂😂😂

  • Investor · Argyle, TX · Member since 2014 · 112 posts · 73 votes
    2y

    @Wayne Brooks exactly.

  • Member since 2023 · 164 posts · 15 votes
    2y

    @ Wayne Brooks. Why do you have to be a smart ***? There was a time when you were a newbie and didn't know answers. Don't reply to any more of my questions.



  • Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Joseph Hernandez:

    @ Wayne Brooks. Why do you have to be a smart ***? There was a time when you were a newbie and didn't know answers. Don't reply to any more of my questions.



    You have heard of the old saying — even as a newbie — of “buying a pig in a poke.” You ask a question that is exactly that situation, and then you come up with a snotty reply when called on it? 

    Brooks isn’t the one with an attitude problem.
  • Member since 2023 · 164 posts · 15 votes
    2y

    no i haven't heard your pig story. Unlike you, I don't live in a double wide in southern Kentucky with my wife/sister. Furthermore, I wasn't addressing you, so mind your own business. You can't even get one lousy upvote per question per answer, so what do you know? Your stats don't lie. You and Wayne really have nothing better to do with your time than to mock newbies? Is this really the objective of BP? I'm reporting both of you losers.

  • Investor · Philadelphia · Member since 2023 · 104 posts · 46 votes
    2y

    Its not always the case that the end buyer will ask for the original AOS or purchase agreement. But in the case that they do want to see it, i would never withhold this information as they are undoubtably entitled to seeing it. 

    I've sold many deals where the buyer isn't really concerned with seeing it prior to purchase, but in the case that they have requested, it was provided. 

  • Member since 2023 · 164 posts · 15 votes
    2y

    @ Gabe Waldrep. Thank you for your comprehensive answer. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.