Ways to find investors in your area

Ways to find investors in your area

San Diego, Los Angeles · Member since 2024 · 2 posts · 0 votes

Hi, I want to find investors in my area. Is there any suggestions of where to look, whether it's a website, or event? 

0Reply
58 views

Most Popular Reply

Realtor · Austin, TX · Member since 2019 · 69 posts · 28 votes
2y

Hi @Mary Carmelo! The best place to meet local investors is in REI meet ups. You can typically find them on FB groups or Eventbrite. I would take it a step further if you can and join a Mastermind group, cost is fairly low, but you get so much knowledge and meet so many investors that are doing all sorts of deals. Remember, your network is your networth. Hope it helps!

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · El Segundo, CA · Member since 2023 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    2y

    Hey @Mary Carmelo, I'm based in LA and when I'm looking to connect with local investors I google search for local REI meetups, conferences, and even property listings or developments. I have clients that will do a preview of their development / rehabs and invite friends and colleagues. The events aren't always the most glamorous and can sometimes be a waste of time but the point is to be in and around real estate as much as possible. You never know who you'll meet!

    If you want to do a COLD reach out to investors, try reverse engineering a zillow search of recently renovated properties listed for sale in San Diego. You'll have to do some digging to find out who the seller is and get access to their contact information and even then there is no gaurantee that you will connect. 

    hope this was helpful!

  • Real Estate Investor · TN · Member since 2010 · 294 posts · 160 votes
    2y

    Mary,

    In addition to the real estate clubs already mentioned I would add start asking the people you interact with. I have found that the more people that know I invest in real estate the more contacts I get. I have also had luck looking at commercial and multi-unit properties. They are often owned by other investors. 

  • Realtor · Austin, TX · Member since 2019 · 69 posts · 28 votes
    2y

    Hi @Mary Carmelo! The best place to meet local investors is in REI meet ups. You can typically find them on FB groups or Eventbrite. I would take it a step further if you can and join a Mastermind group, cost is fairly low, but you get so much knowledge and meet so many investors that are doing all sorts of deals. Remember, your network is your networth. Hope it helps!

  • Member since 2024 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    2y

    I have a project that some may be interested. How can I post the project to Investors in this platform?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.