Leave the lights ON! When selling a re-habbed property

Leave the lights ON! When selling a re-habbed property

Neptune, NJ · Member since 2014 · 116 posts · 51 votes

Might sound silly but this little trick has always... "ALWAYS" worked. As I am getting closer to finishing my rehabs I put spotlights really bright ones on inside every first floor room so you can see inside from the road at night when most people are home. (No lights on outside ) No curtains on any window so "nosey" people can look inside at all that has been done (especially cherry kitchens with leaded glass front doors with LED lights inside them, dark granite counter tops, SS appliances and hand scraped floors). I then put signs inside that say. Like what you see visit my website xyz.com.. Which tells them the story of the re-hab, the price of the home when completed and what "custom" options I might offer the buyer.

My properties have never been broken into either...Why? because all the lights are on and if anyone broke in they would be afraid they would be seen. All my properties are sold before I finish. Sometimes I make even more money on my flips as the client might have specific paint colors they want or other requests that I will do "for a price".

3Reply
17 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Middletown, NJ · Member since 2011 · 108 posts · 22 votes
    12y

    What is your website?

  • Neptune, NJ · Member since 2014 · 116 posts · 51 votes
    12y

    I create a different website for every property when it is ready to be listed or rented. It is very simple. The web address usually is the street name and something that has to do with the home IE awesomemainstreetcape beautifulbroadwayranchhome It just lists the features and I put pics and sometimes a youtube video. My daughter sometimes will "walk them" through the home in the video.

  • David NilesBusiness Member
    Property Manager · DeLand FL · Member since 2012 · 860 posts · 243 votes
    12y

    If I see people walking around in a brightly lit house being worked on, I just figure their working there. People with a flashlight on the other hand......

  • Dawn AnastasiPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2013 · 6k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    12y

    So no one will see the property is vacant, then come back at night and cut the lights then break in and steal everything?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.