Relatively new investor looking to connect -New York State

Relatively new investor looking to connect -New York State

Member since 2025 · 18 posts · 8 votes

Hi! I'm looking at several areas in New York State, and would love to connect with others. I'm not in New York presently, but will be moving back and that's why I am wanting to invest there. Although I'm open to many areas, Rensselaer has caught my attention because almost everything on the MLS (except new construction that looks way overpriced) is pending at any given time.

I'm interested in fix & flip and rentals, and have some experience with both, though not a ton and not in New York 

I'd love to chat with investor-focused lenders, investors, Realtors, contractors, people familiar with buying foreclosures, and people who know the areas.

I really do try to do my own research but all the statistics and comps in the world don't tell the whole story and I'd love some insight from locals!

Andrea 

4Reply
144 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Virtual Assistant · Pakistan (Remote Services) · Member since 2025 · 6 posts · 2 votes
    9mo
  • Real Estate Broker · New York, NY · Member since 2020 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9mo

    Hi Andrea! 

    I'm Mo, an investor-friendly real estate broker based primarily in NYC and Long Island. I'd be happy to connect and bounce around some ideas with you. Feel free to shoot me a private message if you want to chat!

  • Real Estate Agent · NY · Member since 2026 · 8 posts · 4 votes
    8mo

    Hi Andrea. I am a New York licensed real estate agent and architect, and I have helped investors in the area acquire multifamily properties. Happy to connect and share some local context on Rensselaer, what is driving the pending activity, and what I am seeing on flips and rentals.

    If you would like, message me privately with your target budget, price point, and whether you are prioritizing flips or rentals first, and I will do my best to point you in the right direction.

    Visit my website for more info rastudio-ny.com

  • Member since 2025 · 91 posts · 55 votes
    8mo

    Hi Andrea--I'm a property manager and investor myself (owning and living in a 3-family in Astoria, Queens) and am always happy to chat! DM me if interested. 

  • Accountant · Long Island, NY · Member since 2021 · 184 posts · 148 votes
    8mo

    Real Estate CPA located in Long Island, New York (serving clients with activity in all 50 states).

    If you are looking to get into the real estate space, definitely reach out to CPAs with experience dealing with rental/fix-flip real estate. Too often do we field prospective clients that come to us AFTER they find out their accountant isn't well versed in the real estate space.

    Fix+Flip will generate SE income (subject to the additional 15.3% SE tax). There are strategies to get around this/reduce SE tax, but all involve proactive planning. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.