Can anyone share a past flip deal (good or bad)?

Can anyone share a past flip deal (good or bad)?

Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2026 · 28 posts · 14 votes

I’ve recently started getting into flips and I’m trying to sharpen my underwriting.

Would anyone be open to sharing a past deal (good or bad)? I’d love to run through the numbers and see how you analyzed it vs how it actually played out.

Mainly trying to understand what investors tend to miss and what really needs to be accounted for.

Trying to learn how real investors think through deals, not just from research.

Appreciate it.

0Reply
86 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Contractor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2016 · 72 posts · 16 votes
    3mo

    @Jake Nissan I've flipped a few homes myself, and one of the biggest underwriting mistakes I see isn't the purchase price or even the rehab budget, it's underestimating execution risk.

    On paper, a rehab may look like a $50k project. In reality, a couple of change orders, permit delays, utility issues, or contractor scheduling problems can turn it into a $65k project and add months to the timeline.

    When I evaluate deals now, I spend as much time assessing how the work will actually get executed as I do running the numbers. The best deals I've seen weren't always the ones with the biggest projected margins, they were the ones with the fewest surprises.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.