Where are the Hot markets in Tampa

Where are the Hot markets in Tampa

Real Estate Broker · Tampa, FL · Member since 2014 · 59 posts · 9 votes

Looking for the hot markets in Tampa...I'm looking at university area and Seminole heights (old and New) any suggestions?

0Reply
19 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • tampa, FL · Member since 2014 · 86 posts · 23 votes
    12y

    i've been wondering the same thing, been thinking of pinellas county and the beach area

  • Real Estate Broker · Tampa, FL · Member since 2014 · 59 posts · 9 votes
    12y

    Me too...Honestly I had a chance to ride around the lakeland area in Polk County, FL and I saw a lot of potential properties unfortunately I don't know the dynamics of the area to much.

  • St. Petersburg, FL · Member since 2012 · 173 posts · 44 votes
    12y

    I am a multi-family investor and thus will speak in terms of mult-family investing. 

    Be careful with university area. Oddly enough, some of the areas within a couple miles of the campus are dilapidated and/or drug-ridden. Anywhere along Nebraska Ave is rough to the East of the campus. Seminole Heights is supposed to be on the upswing. South Tampa is always growing but is really difficult to get started in (most expensive part of Tampa).

    I know Pinellas County. Good luck man. It's tough out there and most places are trading at very compressed cap rates. Downtown is growing but it's expensive. There are pockets you can invest in but Pinellas County is really active with out of state investors. Interest rates have been so low for so long that I believe the prices are high in Pinellas County. I believe that an market adjustment is due at some point. Since 2011 everything has literally doubled in value. That statement holds strong among all property classes (except for NNN leased properties).

  • Tampa, FL · Member since 2011 · 35 posts · 0 votes
    12y

    Agree with staying away from anything West of USF (near the fletcher Walmart)

    I would look just north of Kennedy west of UT.  Carver City is also starting to transform.  Seminole Heights is up and coming due to the new riverwalk and a lot of new commercial properties. I personally won't get into anything around the nebraska/florida area just because it can be more of a headache than its worth for us.  Good luck and if were bidding on the same property you have to let me win one for this information :)  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.