Any idea' s how to find investor's looking for contractor's

Any idea' s how to find investor's looking for contractor's

Flooring Contractor · queen creek, AZ · Member since 2008 · 4 posts · 0 votes

HI, I am totally new to this so if ANY ony can lead me in the right direction I would appreciate it so much! We have been in the construction business in Az. for 20 plus years. We have formed a network of licenced contractors that we have worked with over the past , that are all quality sub contractors. Most if not all have done primarily work on custom home's where people demand quality work. We want to provide out of state , or in state investors a service that will go to your properties, take pictures, of the properties inside/out , take measurements of each space, including measurements of cabinets, doors, windows ect. we will send all info , and then set up for bids and work to be completed . soooo...if anyone can give me any insight on how to move forward i would be greatful. Go easy on me Im new to the investment side and how to move this forward. thanks. :D

0Reply
49 views

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Birmingham, AL · Member since 2008 · 40 posts · 5 votes
    18y

    Hey Lisa I was reading your post. You should get you a list of absentee owners and In state owners in your area and go through and look at who is actively buying and send a postcard or just call and see if you can pick up some business. Hope this is helpful

  • Real Estate Investor · Spokane, WA · Member since 2008 · 1 post · 0 votes
    18y

    Lisa, Might help if your email indicated area you are in. I need a contractor but must be in Spokane WA area. ss

  • Flooring Contractor · queen creek, AZ · Member since 2008 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    18y

    cornell~
    thank you so much. one more question, since you are an investor any tips on the best approach , when trying to get business. and do you think from your point of view a service like this could be helpful? we dont have the money to invest in our own rehabs but have managed 2 projects for a local gc . We had a blast....hard work, but fun. We just would like to make this our business full time. Thanks again....Lisa

  • Flooring Contractor · queen creek, AZ · Member since 2008 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    18y

    Sorry ..we are in Arizona

  • Real Estate Investor · Birmingham, AL · Member since 2008 · 40 posts · 5 votes
    18y

    Sorry for taking so long to get back I actually network with a guy who does rehabs for out of town investors. From talking to a few its about building the trust and getting the job done. I would suggest to keep networking get a list like I said of all the investors send them a post card stating what you do even give a special offer for the first few jobs. One thing that I have learn is you have to give them a reason to want to do business. Just like with wholesaling it's more to it than just finding houses. I actually have saved some investors from making bad decisions on certain areas I know would be a problem and by doing that I gained their trust so they go through me because they know I will deliver on my service. It takes time but the key is to market run a ad and if you have local REIA group attend the meetings and network.

  • PA · Member since 2008 · 76 posts · 2 votes
    18y

    You might also try advertising on Craigslist. It's free and you may be able to find some folks who need your services.

  • OR · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 845 votes
    18y

    I get my skilled workers by referal from other people who have used them. I like to hire people with good references.

    However, many of my long term workers have left the area recently. I've gone to Craigslist looking for workers and had mxed results. I've gotten a great tile guy and a wonderful painter off of Craigslist. Drywall results weren't so good,

    If what you are talking about is fixing properties in your town that have been bought by out of area investors, then make sure every real estate agent in town has your card.

    Buyers often ask their agent who they can call for assorted repairs. It would help real estate agents to sell investments if they could refer their buyers to a rehab team all ready to go that did good work, performed on schedule, and was honest.

  • Real Estate Investor · CT · Member since 2008 · 119 posts · 6 votes
    17y

    Criags List, Flyers, Refferals ..

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.