WANTED - Your design Input on 1950 Ranch

WANTED - Your design Input on 1950 Ranch

Developer · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 904 votes

My latest project is a cute little ranch in Elkins Park, PA (just outside Philly). 

For a little context, the property already had quite a new upgrades when I purchased it. We are simply planning to update the bathrooms, refinish bedroom floors, open up a kitchen wall, tidy up basement and do a little landscaping. Rehab budget around $20K - $25K and 4-5 week timeline.

While I have my own thoughts on the rehab, I thought it would be interesting to crowdsource input from this forum on particular items, such as:

Pergola in backyard:

1) Keep it

2) Remove it

3) Replace canopy (if so, which material)?

Doorway arches:

1) Keep them (as is)

2) Update them - with trim molding

3) Remove them

Fireplace:

1) Leave as it is

2) Whitewash the bricks

3) Other ideas?

Get your creative juices flowing .....ready....set....GO!!!

0Reply
79 views

Most Popular Reply

Jean BolgerPro Member
Aurora, CO · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
10y

Don't mess with the arches- those are what's going to sell the house for you. I would just clean up the brick on the fireplace . It would look OK white though- just not my personal preference.

By pergola, do you mean that awning? (pergolas are freestanding)  I would get rid of the awning, and put some shutters on the windows. It's a little hard to tell any more about the  outside from that pic. 

Looks like it will be a nice  house!

See this reply in the discussion

29 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Developer · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 904 votes
    10y

    Thanks @Matt R. and @Dylan Long

    Here are some other pics of the exterior, baths, etc.

  • Investor · Gatineau · Member since 2015 · 19 posts · 10 votes
    10y

    Nice work!  

  • Developer · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 904 votes
    10y

    Thanks @Eric Brandt!

    Credit for the great work goes to my contractor, who I am lucky to have as a family friend.

    There was a showing today with a request for a sellers disclosure, so keeping fingers crossed for an offer ;-)

  • South Plainfield, NJ · Member since 2014 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    Matt - I am an investor in Elkins park as well - but the market is moving kind of slow. What did you do with the property ? How long did it take you to sell?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.