Looking for concrete pouring service in Belleville NJ area

Looking for concrete pouring service in Belleville NJ area

Belleville, NJ · Member since 2013 · 85 posts · 23 votes

Hi fellow BPers, hope to get an advice from local guys

I need to pour a couple of cubic yards of concrete, most likely in two separate pourings. I googled for ready-mix concrete services in my area which is Belleville - Bloomfield New Jersey but found only a couple of bigger companies with price fork 350-480 $/y3, I also tried to lookup Angieslist but still nothing..

I wonder if there're smaller contractors with more human prices? I would greatly appreciate your input

0Reply
23 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Closter, NJ · Member since 2015 · 884 posts · 722 votes
10y

Eastern Concrete - Elmwood Park, New Jersey

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Closter, NJ · Member since 2015 · 884 posts · 722 votes
    10y

    Eastern Concrete - Elmwood Park, New Jersey

  • Frederick, MD · Member since 2015 · 654 posts · 256 votes
    10y

    @Aleksey Vinogradov - at least in my area, ready-mix companies usually only supply the product... you'll still need a contractor to place the material, unless you're doing it yourself. Additionally, the price point is likely higher given the small quantity requested, especially if it's not a full load.

    Not all concrete is created equal.  What's the project and what are specifications of the concrete needed? Are you pouring footings or a patio? The mixture needed to meet the specifications have a lot to do with the price.  What mix/forumla (and did they include additives) did the suppliers quote you?

    If bagged concrete meets your needs - have you considered going that route and just renting a portable mixer?

    Good luck!

  • Belleville, NJ · Member since 2013 · 85 posts · 23 votes
    10y

    Thanks Judy, i checked with them - 450 for 1 yard, 570 for two

    Michael, thanks for your input, I plan to pour a slab to build a porch on so I don't think i need custom spec mixture. 

    I do have a mixer, 1 cubic yard is 46 80lb bags which is quite a bit of work so I'm exploring the alternatives

  • Frederick, MD · Member since 2015 · 654 posts · 256 votes
    10y

    @Aleksey Vinogradov, since you indicated that you are building a porch, are you doing a monolithic pour (i.e., slabs, walls and footings as in a single pour)?

    And no, it's unlikely that you need a custom spec mixture, but a footing mixture is typically less expensive than a slab mixture (in part due to the amount of cement in the mix as well as additives such as fiber commonly used for slabs).  That said, did they price you the high-end mix or a mix that is sufficient for your needs?

  • Belleville, NJ · Member since 2013 · 85 posts · 23 votes
    10y

    it was for footing mix

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.