Turning 3/1 into a 3/2 - What makes you say yay??

Turning 3/1 into a 3/2 - What makes you say yay??

Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2016 · 62 posts · 29 votes

Hi,

I am a wholesaler who works with investors in Atlanta and all surrounding areas.

Many of my investors do not want to even look at a 3 bed / 1 (or 1.5) bath unless it can be easily converted to a 3/2. 

I am wondering how you go about determining for yourself if a deal can be easily converted?

I've hear of people turning closets into bathrooms; Which sounds easy enough. But what are the markers (features) you look for that scream "I CAN BE MADE INTO A 3/2 WITH EASE"..

Thank you in advance for any and all feedback!

0Reply
40 views

Most Popular Reply

Involved In Real Estate · Austin, TX · Member since 2015 · 9 posts · 2 votes
10y

One of the least expensive ways is to piggy back on an existing bath so that your plumbing for the new bath can be tied in to the existing...can save a bundle.

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Involved In Real Estate · Austin, TX · Member since 2015 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    One of the least expensive ways is to piggy back on an existing bath so that your plumbing for the new bath can be tied in to the existing...can save a bundle.

  • Property Manager · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2014 · 67 posts · 34 votes
    10y

    We actually just did this exact thing. The house was a 3/1.5 which made it easier to convert since a lot of the foundations for the full second bath were already there in the half bath. In our case, the half bath was in the master and it was up against a closet that seemed to be serving little to no purpose in the living room. So, we sealed up the doorway and knocked down the wall between the half bath and closet to make the full second bath.

    I would say to look for house configurations such as this as a good starting point. The renovation was quick and easy. I haven't added on a full bath from scratch yet, so I wouldn't be able to speak on that.

    Mike

  • Dallas, TX · Member since 2015 · 27 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    @Mike O'Connor  I am converting a half bath to a full bath by using a closet behind. Did you pull a permit for the job? 

  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2016 · 62 posts · 29 votes
    10y

    Speaking to what Nancy asked, are you pulling permits for this so you can market it as updated and the next owner can too?

    I really appreciate the feedback guys, that gives me a pretty good idea of how this could work.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.