Trying to calculate hard money costs - advice?

Trying to calculate hard money costs - advice?

Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2016 · 29 posts · 8 votes

Hi everyone,  I'm trying to evaluating my first flip, but I'm getting confused trying to figure out what my monthly holding costs would be with a hard money loan.  Here are the details:  Cost of house is $450K, needs $150K in renovations.  Closing costs 10K.  Hard money lender will give us only 60%, at 12%.  For a hard money loan does that mean I need to calculate the interest only on the mortgage ($242,000 since we'd put $178,000 down)?  What am I missing?

Thanks!

0Reply
14 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Contractor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y
    A lot, my quick number is 10% for costs including interests. At least that's why my spreadsheet spits out.
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.