How to find owner of vacant property?

How to find owner of vacant property?

Howell, NJ · Member since 2015 · 106 posts · 27 votes

On my drive to work, I'm always driving by this house that the front door is boarded up. I would like to get in contact with the owner. Does anyone have suggestions on how to do that? Thanks!

0Reply
15 views

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y

    Yes. You're going to want to pull tax records. So you want to find out what county the property is in and then they should have an online assessor or tax record search. If that doesn't do it... You can always pay $5 or so for a Skip Trace. 

  • Real Estate Broker · Blue Bell, PA · Member since 2016 · 25 posts · 11 votes
    10y

    Run the address through county records and then start digging on the names(s).

  • Howell, NJ · Member since 2015 · 106 posts · 27 votes
    10y

    @john 

    @Account Closed thank you for the suggestion. I've never heard of skip trace. I will google it.

  • Howell, NJ · Member since 2015 · 106 posts · 27 votes
    10y

    @Ryan Dossey thank you I'll check out the county tax records. I know what county it is in as it is literally around the corner from my house. I appreciate your feedback.

  • Howell, NJ · Member since 2015 · 106 posts · 27 votes
    10y

    @Robert Santangelo thanks for your feedback!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.