Rehabbing & House Flipping

User Stats

Votes
Mathew Pezon
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Allentown, PA
Votes |
Painful First Flip Turned Flop. Any Advice??

Mathew Pezon
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Allentown, PA
Posted Jul 22 2016, 17:30
Dear BP Community, It all looked so good on paper, and then when the project started things did not go according to plan... I'm dealing with a painful first flip that I still haven't sold yet but purchased in October. Pick an aspect of the flip and it went wrong: over schedule, over budget, manpower issues with contractors jumping off the job, design flaws, payment terms, forgot to fill the oil tank over the winter and ruined the radiators and downstairs flooring... The list goes on and on. Although it's a painful experience, there was a lot to be learned here. My rental portfolio is doing well, and my job will help me slowly recover. I'm wondering if there are any other first time flippers in the Lehigh Valley, Allentown, Bethlehem, or Easton who may have experienced something similar, a "battle scar" to share. What have you learned through your failure? Did you try to flip again? What was the most important lesson you learned from your first flip? How did you pull through the challenge and continue investing in RE? Thanks!

Loading replies...