Can't sell a fix / flip house -

Can't sell a fix / flip house -

Investor · Alpharetta, GA · Member since 2008 · 62 posts · 6 votes

Hello, what can I do to sell a house that I have. Its a fix/flip but a high dollar house in 700's but the profit is pretty good because all the house in the WC Gates are  listed for 1+ million. " I cant figure out how to sell and get investors or agents back in the door of this house." Its been on the market for 1+ year and was given to me to sell because I can move hard to sell houses.   I get it, its high but how do I find buyers that will buy a fix/flip at this level????   It needs work but mostly cosmetic.  I don't know what to do...  99% of the time I can sell anything gutted and damaged it can have 4 and nothing in between and I can find a buyer- this one has taken me for a ride.  Just can't get people thru the doors. 

1Reply
44 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Kent, WA · Member since 2015 · 624 posts · 274 votes
9y

Property is listed for 700 and fixed up, it will sell for $1 million. That's 70% ARV. The rehab is not included in that.
I'm guessing that's why it's not moving. The margin is not enough for a fix/flipper.

See this reply in the discussion

35 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Alpharetta, GA · Member since 2008 · 62 posts · 6 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Mke Wilburn:

    If budget allows you might try staging it.

    That's a big house and people have a hard time visualizing.

    Another thing too is when you show it make sure its as clean as possible, looks like the floors are dusty, maybe it's just the pics.

    Your are right it is dusty!   Trying to get the bank to clean it!  thx!

  • Ian WalshBusiness Member
    Lender · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    When a property isn't moving it is almost always price vs condition .  Eventually price matches the market demand.

  • Lender · Jersey City, NJ · Member since 2016 · 68 posts · 24 votes
    9y

    @Jill H. http://www.padstyler.com/

  • Investor · Alpharetta, GA · Member since 2008 · 62 posts · 6 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Luis Roel:

    @Jill H. http://www.padstyler.com/

     Good idea!!  thx

  • Investor · Palmetto, GA · Member since 2014 · 190 posts · 77 votes
    9y

    O.K. the bank owns it...that kills any creative strategies. Try this...there is a huge influx of people from the Northern states moving to Atlanta, especially New York. I would find out how much it is to run a small ad in The New York times. Let Ad read like this ..."Moving to Atlanta? Gorgeous Million$ bank owned property for 775K" Call 770-XXX-XXXX for Pics. You will get calls . I want my cut.

  • Investor · Berkeley, CA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 713 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Jill H.:

    Hello, what can I do to sell a house that I have. Its a fix/flip but a high dollar house in 700's but the profit is pretty good because all the house in the WC Gates are  listed for 1+ million. " I cant figure out how to sell and get investors or agents back in the door of this house." Its been on the market for 1+ year and was given to me to sell because I can move hard to sell houses.   I get it, its high but how do I find buyers that will buy a fix/flip at this level????   It needs work but mostly cosmetic.  I don't know what to do...  99% of the time I can sell anything gutted and damaged it can have 4 and nothing in between and I can find a buyer- this one has taken me for a ride.  Just can't get people thru the doors. 

    Your list price is too high. Drop it until it sells.

  • Real Estate Professional · Foley, AL · Member since 2016 · 56 posts · 10 votes
    9y

    Hi Jill,  it seems that your biggest issue is getting agents and brokers back in the door.  Well my suggestion is to host a party.  Cocktails and hors d'oeuvres maybe after 5 pm.  Offer some incentives on the commission to the agent that brings a buyer.  Maybe hire a DJ or local band for entertainment and offer one very cool door prize.  You will need to bring in tables and chairs for the guest.  Brokers and Agents love a good party.  Don't worry, there's a buyer for every house and you will find yours soon!  All the best, Lisa

  • Contractor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Jill H.:
    Originally posted by @Manolo D.:

    Jill H. Try to see if the buyer agent from the sold hold can help you out. That is a very nice house for 700k, if that was in LA, it would probably he a 1500sf house in a mediocre location. lol.

     I am from Vista CA - I know LOL

    What made you downgrade to GA from CA? Haha. To help you better, it is best to "swim with where the fishes swim", contact agents that has sold 600-1m within the county, pretty sure it will help. 50% of something is better than 100% of nothing. Good luck.

  • Developer · Hobart, IN · Member since 2014 · 773 posts · 225 votes
    9y

    With all the attention on fix and flip properties seems like targeting home buyers that can put their own "touch" on the property would be the way to go. Seems like the house is in good shape overall so someone should be able to get the financing to do so. 

    Next option is take all the feedback all the surrounding days on market and provide that information to the bank and make a case to lower the price. Or possibly convince the bank to do some minor repairs to the property to help move it and who knows maybe even list for a little higher. Depends on the bank of course but that would be going above and beyond as an agent. 

  • Investor · Palmetto, GA · Member since 2014 · 190 posts · 77 votes
    9y

    @Jill H.
    I would like to know if you were able to get this house sold, and if so how did you accomplish it?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.