How do I get leads to rehab houses

How do I get leads to rehab houses

San Antonio, TX · Member since 2016 · 10 posts · 2 votes
Hello everyone, What an honor it is to be here in bigger pockets learning and putting it into action. I'm a real estate investor in San Antonio, Texas. At 19 I started wholesaling did that for about 2 months but now that I just turned 20 I want to start flipping houses. I am well aware of all my resources I have but I need advice on how I can get leads. I guess my question to you all is how do you get your leads? Do you buy from wholesalers, MLS, or is there another way?
0Reply
19 views

Most Popular Reply

Austin, TX · Member since 2016 · 5 posts · 1 vote
9y
Flippers are usually looking for two things in finding homes to flip. 1. Homes that can't be sold through normal channels because the house is; A. in bad shape B. Ugly as hell C. Has a title problem. And number 2. Seller Motivation to sell quickly. Ask yourself this question; how do I find these kind of people? There are more homes that need to be flipped in a major city than there are flippers to flip them. There are a hundred ways to find Flips and everyone is different. Here is a pointer. Find a neighborhood built in the the 80's. Drive through it. Notice any home that most likely is not sellable in its current condition. Knock on door. Ask to speak to owner of the property. Find out if there is a motivation to sell their unsellable house. You will very quickly figure out your business plan to finding more people like these.
See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2011 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    9y

    Did you complete any wholesale deals? Where did you get those leads from? Lead sources for wholesalers and flippers are pretty much the same, maybe the data pulled is slightly different. 

  • Real Estate Investor · Davenport, FL · Member since 2015 · 516 posts · 152 votes
    9y

    Interview local "investor friendly" Realtors and have them set up search parameters of the types of homes you are interested in. (things like zip codes, price per square foot, etc.).

    Join the local REIA and get the word out there that you are looking for properties. That will get you onto wholesaler mail lists,

    Gor to social media sites like Facebook and research the Groups for ones in your area that have a membership of folks similar to you.

    Good luck...

  • Rental Property Investor · Broken Arrow, OK · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    Here's a good place to start

  • Austin, TX · Member since 2016 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    9y
    Flippers are usually looking for two things in finding homes to flip. 1. Homes that can't be sold through normal channels because the house is; A. in bad shape B. Ugly as hell C. Has a title problem. And number 2. Seller Motivation to sell quickly. Ask yourself this question; how do I find these kind of people? There are more homes that need to be flipped in a major city than there are flippers to flip them. There are a hundred ways to find Flips and everyone is different. Here is a pointer. Find a neighborhood built in the the 80's. Drive through it. Notice any home that most likely is not sellable in its current condition. Knock on door. Ask to speak to owner of the property. Find out if there is a motivation to sell their unsellable house. You will very quickly figure out your business plan to finding more people like these.
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.