What do you look for in a Staging company

What do you look for in a Staging company

Specialist · Fort Collins, CO · Member since 2016 · 10 posts · 5 votes
I am reaching out to get some feedback on what you, BP community, are looking for in a house staging company. In my research, it seems there are not that many options in each market, so maybe you don't have much of a choice. If this is the case, what is your current market lacking that you'd like to see in a staging company. If you have stuck with one for years, why have you decided to do so. Thanks so much!
0Reply
38 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2016 · 627 posts · 374 votes
9y

Although I'm in Atlanta, I'd like to hear what others have to say as well.  One of the companies I own is a staging company, for Investors ONLY.  I'm always looking for more ideas and listening to what other investors expect.  

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2016 · 627 posts · 374 votes
    9y

    Although I'm in Atlanta, I'd like to hear what others have to say as well.  One of the companies I own is a staging company, for Investors ONLY.  I'm always looking for more ideas and listening to what other investors expect.  

  • Investor · Saint Augustine, FL · Member since 2015 · 227 posts · 61 votes
    9y

    One staging company I contacted here wanted me to pay them to stage however they also wanted one of their agents to live in the property so I was supposed to pay them to live in  my house...I said no...if I wanted a tenant I would rent it out and collect rent not pay someone to live in my house wth ?

  • Uriah D.Pro Member
    Investor · Apex, NC · Member since 2014 · 340 posts · 188 votes
    9y
    We look for a mix of furnishings when deciding who to go with. Although target has some great stuff coming out and IKEA is cheap.... I don't want our houses to look like those two companies just vomited out their store in my house. We like to have some unique pieces and more of a modern feel. So many companies look like they went to goodwill and bought tables and chairs. Come on! Also we are paying roughly 400/monthly includes delivery and pick up. Most of our houses we only have them stage for 1 month and we make sure we are through DD before pulling it out.
  • Kuba F.Pro Member
    Real Estate Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 694 votes
    9y

    @Zana Blue that's hilarious!

  • Kuba F.Pro Member
    Real Estate Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 694 votes
    9y

    @Adam Eaton and 

    @Jesse LeBlanc

    It's a mix between price and being able to style a house appropriately. The same furnishings won't work in every house, so examples of previous work in houses that match the project are a must.

  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2016 · 627 posts · 374 votes
    9y

    @Uriah D. I love it!  I appreciate that good laugh for my afternoon.  I too feel that way.  @Kuba F. I completely agree.  I know so many staging companies merely pull from the same small inventory, like it's going to work with every client.  NO!!  That happened to me in my past, I was sick of trying to find staging companies who weren't Investor friendly and were only in the mindset of retail sellers.

  • Specialist · Fort Collins, CO · Member since 2016 · 10 posts · 5 votes
    9y

    @Kuba F. Thanks for the input!

    @Uriah D. I totally agree about the cheap furniture. The whole point is to style the house in a way to make it more appealing and/or worth more! When you mention liking "some unique pieces", are these bigger pieces (dining room table, headboards, credenzas, etc.) or more smaller pops (lamps, area rugs, dishes, etc.)? 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.