Before and After: Landscaping

Before and After: Landscaping

Sacramento, CA · Member since 2016 · 38 posts · 6 votes

First off, I have to admit that the majority of this work was done by a family friend with a bobcat. I did not want to hand dig this big of a front yard.

I did help in part of the process/all of the design though, so I thought I'd post it!
I bought a 3 bed/2 bath roughly a year ago and the "lawn" was ugly looking and all weeds.

Wanting to switch it to a drought tolerant, more eye-friendly design I saved up the $3000 to have the whole frontyard done in a rock landscape with stepping stones leading up to the front door from the side of the house (can't see it in this picture).

I'm very happy with how it turned out - no more maintenance! Quotes from real landscape companies were 5K-10K, so for 3K all in I feel it was a good deal and adds a good amount of value to the home. The backyard was done at the same time with a similar design for 2K.

Before:

After:

1Reply
48 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Mike ReynoldsPro Member
    construction · Nacogdoches, TX · Member since 2011 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    @Account Closed Looks good and no more need for irrigation.

  • Investor · Northeast, NE · Member since 2015 · 258 posts · 83 votes
    9y

    thats MY idea of a lawn to mow.

    Long as you dont have any 'rock'et scientists that use them for window  fun.

    That has been tried here but its a never ending fight against weeds growing thru those

  • Sacramento, CA · Member since 2016 · 38 posts · 6 votes
    9y

    Mike: Exactly why I wanted it....I do not want the water bill for grass!

    Don: We have neighbor kids who are very....careless. So far, so good though. It's been a little over a month. So far, no weeds have came through. Did several applications of round up and pre emergent before laying the rock down.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.