Richmond, TX · Member since 2017 · 16 posts · 0 votes
Hello Investors!
I'm considering all outlets to find good deals starting spring of next year. What do you think of auction.com and wholesale deals? How do we make sure there are no liens on the property and that the title is in order? Thanks in Advance
Flipper/Rehabber · El Paso, TX · Member since 2015 · 379 posts · 201 votes
9y
@Corey Shorter Welcome to the world of investing. If you are looking to wholesale then you want to stay away from Auction sites unless you have the cash to close them yourself or partnered with a buyer. The best way to see if a property has liens or not is to perform a title search. If you are unaware of how to do so, you can have a title company do it or ask around at your local investor groups.
Richmond, TX · Member since 2017 · 16 posts · 0 votes
9y
Ok thanks Louis, I've never done a title search before but I'm sure it'll save time and money to just pay the title company. Btw I was asking about buying wholesale properties, I just have been more clear so if you've had any experience with that please share.
Wholesaler · Waldorf, MD · Member since 2015 · 459 posts · 245 votes
9y
@Corey Shorter if I were you, I would first understand the area that I might consider investing in. Also, what type of property do I want to invest in. Saying you want to invest or are looking for wholesale deals is a very general goal when considering Real Estate. Do you want to invest in land? What type of land? There are wholesalers of land. Do you want to invest in SFR, Multi, notes, etc.
I would say first use this site to do a LOT of research to discover exactly what you think you want to invest in and where, then you will be able to ask better questions & get more specific ansers.
Just my 2 cents.
By the way, when you do buy a physical property the title company will do the search, unless you do something like a quit-claim deed, then it is buyer beware.
Richmond, TX · Member since 2017 · 16 posts · 0 votes
9y
Thanks James, we are looking in small towns around Arkansas. Multifamily and single family are top contenders for starters and yes I am researching and learning so thanks for your 2 cents 😀. I guess I'm just interested in the wholesale and auction experience it seems intimidating, you have to move so quick I'm afraid of making a big big mistake.