What am I doing...how to work these numbers???

What am I doing...how to work these numbers???

Houston, TX · Member since 2015 · 81 posts · 19 votes

Need some input!!

I do not have fantastic margins here..

Purchase price: $146k

Repairs: Cosmetic only. House is 2300 sq ft. $23k?

ARV: $215

Got a hard money quote ...30-35k out of pocket. Yikes. 

Is that pretty much what I am going to be looking at, at closing?

0Reply
132 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
9y
Originally posted by @Brittany Villamil:

@Cody L. thanks I am worried with my margins being bad that I will just break even or worse. Any experience with buy abs hold timing??

 Depends on where you're at.  If you're just starting, I'd say jump on a deal even if margins are tight.  You will learn so much that whatever cash you make is just the whip-cream on the sundae. 

I had no CLUE what I was doing on my first few flips (bought at auction).  Hell, one of the first places I bought I coudln't get in (doors locked and you don't get keys at auction).  So I crawled though the window.  Well wouldn't you know, when I got inside there was a family eating dinner in the dining room.  They were looking at me like "wtf are you doing?".  I said "Uh, I bought this house.  What are you doing here?

So yeah, if that was my start to RE investing, you'll be fine.  :)

See this reply in the discussion

29 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Realtor · Houston, TX · Member since 2017 · 177 posts · 68 votes
    9y

    @Cody L.

    LOL for real, your comment made me laugh!! It's nice to know I'm not the only one that feels like I'm in the Twilight Zone sometimes!

  • Rental Property Investor · Boone, NC · Member since 2015 · 291 posts · 88 votes
    9y

    @Brittany Villamil that is awesome! and @Cody L., your story was hilarious. Thanks for keeping us motivated.

  • Real Estate Consultant · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2016 · 511 posts · 345 votes
    9y

    Its a great tool @Brittany Villamil

  • Houston, TX · Member since 2015 · 81 posts · 19 votes
    9y

    @Sandy Sawyer can you send another message? I didn't get it and I would love your help!!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.