Laminate versus luxury vinyl plank vs tile in rental

Laminate versus luxury vinyl plank vs tile in rental

Houston, TX · Member since 2017 · 16 posts · 0 votes

Which flooring do you prefer? Have to redo flooring in an older rental, 250-300K house in Houston. Two areas have gotten water in it with heavy rains so prefer something at least water resistant. Anyone done luxury vinyl plank and really liked it? Did you carry it into kitchen and bath?

0Reply
18 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2017 · 21 posts · 11 votes
    9y

    Hi Vicki, We use tile in all our rentals in Houston.  We don't put anything luxury...haha.. :)  Laura

  • Contractor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    Tile is a must on wet areas.

  • Investor · PA · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 602 votes
    9y

    I like tile in bathrooms and tile or vinyl planks in kitchen and laundry area. Vinyl or hardwood/laminate elsewhere. Tile will hold up the best to moisture but have to be careful if there's deflection in the subfloor then the tiles could crack.

  • Real Estate Agent · Newport Beach, CA · Member since 2017 · 259 posts · 293 votes
    9y

    Vinyl Plank!!!! It's fantastic. There have definitely been other posts about this topic. Do a quick search and you'll find lots of opinions and recommendations.

  • Investor · Alpharetta, GA · Member since 2015 · 4 posts · 3 votes
    9y

    I have a duplex that had the entire unit had carpet which I replaced with Allure Vinyl Planks. 1 unit I put tile in the wet areas (kitchen and baths) and the other all vinyl.  Although we have not had any issues with either I wish I would have done tile in the wet areas on both.  Even though it is waterproof from top to bottom, if water gets around the planks it will go underneath.

    Great product though..  I just replaced our carpet in our basement with 1800 sq/ft of vinyl plank which cost me $3600/installed.  I live close to the manufacturer in Dalton Georgia and got factory discontinued flooring for $1 / sqft.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.