Best place to get appliances for flips in Texas?

Best place to get appliances for flips in Texas?

Investor · Normanna, TX · Member since 2015 · 17 posts · 3 votes

I'm wondering where I should purchase appliances.  I've been scouring the internet for best prices and making notes for comparisons.  Would purchasing guarantees for 3 or 5 years be an incentive to buyers? 

0Reply
27 views

Most Popular Reply

Greg H.Pro Member
Moderator
Broker/Flipper · Austin, TX · Member since 2013 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
9y

Sears usually offers good discounts at least a couple of times a month via certain sales. You do need to plan ahead as the delivery times tend to be 10-14 days

Additionally,  Lowes 10% off coupons will work at Lowes and Home Depot

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Cedar Park, TX · Member since 2017 · 10 posts · 6 votes
    9y

    Two suggestions.  Local retail appliance shops.  I negotiated our own washer and dryer down from an already low price just by asking.  That can be hit or miss.  I also have had luck shopping Home Depot and sorting on lowest price.   You get full warranty, etc.  I had contractor discounts through a club on appliances and Home Depot sales could often meet, sometimes beat the contractor pricing with some savvy shopping.  Plus, if you get the contractor agreements through Home Depot there are often additional discounts.

  • Investor · Front Royal, VA · Member since 2013 · 586 posts · 418 votes
    9y

    @Nancy Fortenberry is this for a rental or flips? For rentals, I agree with @Benjamin Carroll and search out used appliance places. Make sure to negotiate haul away and free delivery. 

    For flips, I recommend Ikea. we get our full kitchens, countertops, and appliances there. It is affordable, has a warranty and they are trendy stainless steal.

  • Greg H.Pro Member
    Moderator
    Broker/Flipper · Austin, TX · Member since 2013 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    9y

    Sears usually offers good discounts at least a couple of times a month via certain sales. You do need to plan ahead as the delivery times tend to be 10-14 days

    Additionally,  Lowes 10% off coupons will work at Lowes and Home Depot

  • Investor · Normanna, TX · Member since 2015 · 17 posts · 3 votes
    9y

    thanks all! 

    IKEA! Forgot about them. Registered at Lowes and Home Depot with business name and tax number, so I'm a little ahead there 😬 

    Sears usually has appliances misordered marked way down.  I got a 900$ dishwasher for 348$ and was very pleased with it.  

    So, long guarantees are a waste of money for flips I guess. 

    I was hoping for a store for General Contractors only in San Antonio or Corpus Christi.  I'll check out IKEA.  Again, thanks for the help!

  • Dallas, TX · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 745 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Nancy Fortenberry:

    thanks all! 

    IKEA! Forgot about them. Registered at Lowes and Home Depot with business name and tax number, so I'm a little ahead there 😬 

    Sears usually has appliances misordered marked way down.  I got a 900$ dishwasher for 348$ and was very pleased with it.  

    So, long guarantees are a waste of money for flips I guess. 

    I was hoping for a store for General Contractors only in San Antonio or Corpus Christi.  I'll check out IKEA.  Again, thanks for the help!

     We have had luck buying from a few sources.

    Sears Outlet, Home Depot (especially in the clearance aisle), and we have bought at Best Buy.  

    We found a bigger difference in price comes down to what level you want to put in your homes, each of the manufacturers have several levels of quality, and each of those levels competes with competing brands fairly closely on price.  Learning about the different levels and comparing those apples to apples was eye opening. 

    I personally didnt find the Ikea items to be better for our projects when we have priced them. 

    Honestly, I think the prices are pretty close, it really comes down to who is offering sales, and who has clearance items from day to day and who has what you need in stock.

    Best of luck to you.

  • Investor · Normanna, TX · Member since 2015 · 17 posts · 3 votes
    9y

    Thanks Bart! I agree with you.  I'm a pretty good shopper. I bought a $600 great reviews wine cooler for $180.  Shipping was free.  I grab things that are good quality only and on sale or better yet, clearance.  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.