Needed - Licensed and Bonded Contractor -Los Angeles Rehab Proj.

Needed - Licensed and Bonded Contractor -Los Angeles Rehab Proj.

Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2014 · 352 posts · 142 votes

LICENSED AND BONDED contractor needed for an interior rehab project (bathroom, living room, kitchen, floors) located in Los Angeles just south of the 10 freeway & Normandy.  Prefer a locally based for obvious reasons. References will a great thing to have. 

PM me please with your phone number for details.  

Thank you!

0Reply
10 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Contractor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y
    That area has a lot of workers, why not ask around?
  • Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2014 · 352 posts · 142 votes
    9y

    @Manolo D.

    Thanks for your input. We just backed out of escrow on a property in that area that had HPOZ and city violations by an unlicensed contractor. 

    Licensed AND Bonded contractors with positive references are a rare breed and not so easy to find. 

    Time is of the essence hence this wider search. We are not taking chances this time around.

  • Contractor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y
    Francis A. ALL CA licensed contractors ARE bonded, it is a CSLB requirement, but not all are INSURED. If you want someone who understands violations and someone who can remove that without being a pain in the behind, that's another story.
  • Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2014 · 352 posts · 142 votes
    9y

    @Manolo D.

    I have it solved. AAGLA is a great resource. I highly recommend it. 

    Side note: I am almost willing to bet that there are more unlicensed contractors working in SoCal than there are licensed. It's just a wild guess but I'm almost sure that might be a correct stat.

    Thanks again!

  • Contractor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    @Francis A. I have no idea, there is no list of unlicensed contractors. lol. If I'll be investing a MF, then i'll be sure to keep AAGLA in mind, we don't do private work at the moment.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.