Where do you buy your floors, Double pane windows, carpets, etc?

Where do you buy your floors, Double pane windows, carpets, etc?

Nashville, TN · Member since 2012 · 21 posts · 5 votes

Hello, 

I need to do some remodeling to a home and since it is the first time I am buying these materials I wanted to know if there is a better way to buy (cheaper) than just going through Home Depot or Lowes. 

I need to do floors and buy at least 1ksqft of Luxury Vinyl Tile and another 1k sqft of Carpet. (I hear that LVT is all the rage these days, but not sure if there is one that is preferred vs another one like glued vs snap together?)

Also need double pane insulated windows to go into existing wood frame. Home depot has them for like 100 bucks, not sure this can be beat, but I need at least 10. 

Need also to buy kitchen counter and bathroom sinks x 2. 

If you have any suggestions for alternatives to the big stores or if the big stores actually have the better prices and products, please let me know to help me narrow this down a little. 

Thanks a lot!

0Reply
26 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2017 · 453 posts · 254 votes
8y

@Peter Turner I buy everything from home depot. One stop shop, I just tell my contractor that if any of the materials are bad to no install them and call me and send pictures so I can deal with it.

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2017 · 453 posts · 254 votes
    8y

    @Peter Turner I buy everything from home depot. One stop shop, I just tell my contractor that if any of the materials are bad to no install them and call me and send pictures so I can deal with it.

  • Nashville, TN · Member since 2012 · 21 posts · 5 votes
    8y

    Thanks Sean, if you are going to spend a few thousand there, do you usually get a discount or something along the lines? With lowes, for example I can find 10% off coupons and such. 

    Any other suggestions or Home depot is cheaper than lowes and better products ?

  • Brewerton, NY · Member since 2017 · 12 posts · 10 votes
    8y
    Use a high end click lvt and glue butt joints together with g-2 loctite. Direct sunlight is not a problem with high end lvt. Low end buckles ends up unclicking. I am a flooring installer and this works the best. Good luck.
  • Brewerton, NY · Member since 2017 · 12 posts · 10 votes
    8y
    Also get multiple bids for ur floors cause as a small retailer I can beat Lowe’s and Depot on price and install.
  • Rental Property Investor · Broken Arrow, OK · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    I mainly use Lowes & Home Depot as well, but if I see deals at others places, I'm not afraid to save some money.   If you have a Lumber Liquidators in your area, they have a huge Spring Sale on flooring this week.  

  • Latham, NY · Member since 2018 · 22 posts · 5 votes
    8y

    @Jeff Filali good day. I follow uour page on facebook. Take care.

  • Kuba F.Pro Member
    Real Estate Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 694 votes
    8y

    Usually if you visit your local distributors you can find better deals, but that can take time.  For counters I like to look at slab remnants.  I always get significant savings that way.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.