Fix and flip vs. BRRRR in California central valley

Fix and flip vs. BRRRR in California central valley

Atwater, CA · Member since 2017 · 18 posts · 10 votes

Hello All,

Having purchased several turnkey properties for buy and hold, I am now switching gears and desire to become a more active investor.

I am interested in knowing if other investors are using fix and flip or BRRRR strategies with success in the central valley of California, specifically Merced County. Is it even possible in this market? Is it too competitive to be successful?

Any feedback is appreciated!

Sal

0Reply
20 views

Most Popular Reply

Jo-Ann LapinPro Member
Loan Officer · Tustin, CA · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 713 votes
8y

In any  markets you need to look for that diamond in the rough value add property. They are out there. It boils down to numbers.

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Winston Salem, NC · Member since 2017 · 201 posts · 56 votes
    8y

    i have done several deals in Cali. Several going on now. Only competitive if people dnt know where to look..most look in same places agents and courthouse. If you know hidden markets almost always have deals. 

  • Jo-Ann LapinPro Member
    Loan Officer · Tustin, CA · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 713 votes
    8y

    In any  markets you need to look for that diamond in the rough value add property. They are out there. It boils down to numbers.

  • Andrew PettitPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · RI · Member since 2017 · 100 posts · 19 votes
    8y

    Hey Sal,

    I am trying to get my first BRRRR deal done in my home state of Rhode Island.

  • Northern, CA · Member since 2014 · 674 posts · 444 votes
    8y

    yes I can be done, I'm not far from there in the foothills.  All about buying right and knowing your numbers.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Merced, CA · Member since 2016 · 221 posts · 115 votes
    8y

    @Sal Souza

    Yes it can be done. I'm happy to report that I just put my place under contract this weekend. It's near GVHS. A friend of mine will be listing hers in Winton very soon. Another friend of mine is in the counter-offer stage with his project in Merced.  Send me a colleague request and I'll add you to our meetup list. We haven't been too active lately (or even on this site) because we've been busy...good problem to have!

    Happy investing!

    TJ

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.