What it cost to build a separate entrance on the second floor?

What it cost to build a separate entrance on the second floor?

Steger, IL · Member since 2016 · 57 posts · 13 votes

What it cost to build a separate entrance on the second floor?

I found a commercial building with 2   3/2 flats using one entrance, city wants separate entrance, and I agree with them:)))

0Reply
129 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent/Investor · Peoria, AZ · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    8y

    Rough estimate would be 2k-4k for a metal exterior staircase. I'd get in touch with a local contractor and give him/her the specs of what you need (number of steps, type of rail, area of landing) to get an accurate quote.

  • Steger, IL · Member since 2016 · 57 posts · 13 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Bob Okenwa:

    Rough estimate would be 2k-4k for a metal exterior staircase. I'd get in touch with a local contractor and give him/her the specs of what you need (number of steps, type of rail, area of landing) to get an accurate quote.

    Also I concerned about taxes, they went down since building is sit for 3 years, I wondering how much they will go up when I put tenant's in there.  Rents in the area are $1200+, but I am assuming I can rent it for 1000 each + 8000sqft office on the first floor and finished basement. Building itself is around 160K, needs rehab, like new carpet, paint, windows, some tile and kitchens. Outside building looks great, that picture that I put in is the back of the building.

    I went at Saturday night to check on neighborhood, pub next door had loud music, train pass across the street of the building as well :)

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.