Any input if I should invest in California real estate now for either rental and flips, or hold off for the bubble to pop and start investing in the next upswing? California does not offer attractive ROI on rental properties today due to cost and flipping is getting tough in this market as we see rate increases and dropping prices of homes in the market. Any professional input and feedback is appreciated.
Real Estate Agent · Arlington · Member since 2016 · 162 posts · 100 votes
7y
I can't speak on California since I don't invest or live there, but what I will say is that there are numerous sub-markets in the US that need to be examined based on their unique value propositions. Sure there could eventually be a decrease in home prices if rates increase, but that will certainly be felt stronger in expensive markets - much less so for reasonable markets. Why not look elsewhere at markets like St Louis or Jackson? Also, there is a cost to waiting. If there is eventually a dip in the market, you might find prices more appealing (if they even do decrease enough), but will you be able to get a loan if banks clam up?
Not wanting to tell you what to do, but I think it's good to 'make hay while the sun shines' now while we can.