Finance help for rehabbing a rental property

Finance help for rehabbing a rental property

Member since 2019 · 1 post · 0 votes

I have a question. I have a property that I am looking to acquire. This property is a family rental property with a tenant and the property is in Orlando Florida. The property currently is rented and it has always been occupied with renters. The house has been in my family for over 20 years and I want to take it over as the owner. It needs 40k worth of renovations and updates my plan is to refinance it and take the cash out and clear some debt and rehab my next property with is a town house that I currently living in.  Can someone advice me of a way other than credit cards to get the capital to rehab the property and get rolling toward being a multi door investor?  

From mister No money saved, Credit challenged, want to be a great investor?

0Reply
22 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2017 · 207 posts · 125 votes
    7y

    @Damon Rowe You can try a hard money lender or private lender for a short term loan to complete the reno and then cash them out when you refi.  Another option is to bring in a partner with the capital you need, but it being a long time family property, that may not be the best fit. 

  • Stephanie P.Pro Member
    Washington, DC Mortgage Lender/Broker · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Damon Rowe:

    I have a question. I have a property that I am looking to acquire. This property is a family rental property with a tenant and the property is in Orlando Florida. The property currently is rented and it has always been occupied with renters. The house has been in my family for over 20 years and I want to take it over as the owner. It needs 40k worth of renovations and updates my plan is to refinance it and take the cash out and clear some debt and rehab my next property with is a town house that I currently living in.  Can someone advice me of a way other than credit cards to get the capital to rehab the property and get rolling toward being a multi door investor?  

    From mister No money saved, Credit challenged, want to be a great investor?

     What are the numbers?  

    • Current value
    • Any liens currently
    • 40 K renovation
    • ARV
    • Rents
    • Cash flow going forward after the renovation
    • DSCR
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.