Any opinions on cabinet refacing for kitchen rehabs?

Any opinions on cabinet refacing for kitchen rehabs?

Rental Property Investor · Deer Park, NY · Member since 2020 · 64 posts · 15 votes

What is everyones opinionon cabinet refacing on house flips? My partners and i have a difference of opinion on this matter . My view is if the back boxes are in good shape its quicker and cost effective to just cabinet reface but they feel its better to just always replace or redo cabinets in the kitchens . I agree a buyer will always want a brand new kitchen but in terms of time and cost i think this may be a better option

0Reply
27 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · 3412 S. Harlem Avenue Riverside, IL 60546 · Member since 2015 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    6y

    @Pedro Bartolomei with the prices of cabinets being so low, I could not recommend refacing unless you are in a very low price point. I would imagine that the cost savings would be negligible. As a realtor, the kitchen is the first thing I look at when I am pricing a home to see how it will stack up against the comparable sales. A new buyer will look at the kitchen first as well. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Deer Park, NY · Member since 2020 · 64 posts · 15 votes
    6y

    @John Warren thanks for your input .

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Montgomery, NY · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    Unless I intended to keep the countertops (due to them being something nice) I wouldn’t reface. I’m not sure there is any cost savings to be had really, assuming the existing cabinets need to be repainted after all new doors and drawer fronts are built/installed.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.