Advice for first time flip in Harrisburg/Camp Hill, PA area

Advice for first time flip in Harrisburg/Camp Hill, PA area

Member since 2020 · 1 post · 0 votes

Looking to create my LLC soon and start flipping in the Harrrisburg / Camp Hill / Lancaster area. NO experience with this at all - husband and I both work in the medical field and are looking to get out - we've been wanting to get into this for a while now and are ready to take the plunge. I thought about joining Debbie DeBerry and her Flipstress gang.... but spending $2000 for her "information" was unappealing to me. I'm wanting to know if anyone in this area has had success.

*** I'd love to hear from people actually actively flipping (or who have had success in the past) , real estate agents , anyone who had good or bad experiences in these areas.... I think I'm just in need or reassurance and advice 

Thank you!

0Reply
28 views

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2020 · 4 posts · 3 votes
5y

Hey, Colleen!

I joined Bigger Pockets about four months ago, hoping to be able to network and meet some people, but the site is so expansive and saturated with information... it's a wonderful resource, and the tools are great, but it's definitely a chore, at least it has been for me, to make any connections.

I just signed up for Debbie DeBerry's group (I know, it's a lot), and I have to tell you--the amount of personalized support I already feel like I have access to--it's a game-changer for me. I have personal access to women who are doing what I want to do, mentorship, active forums, etc... and I was surprised to find that I get responses to anything I ask almost immediately. That has NOT been my experience with other sites. Just thought I'd share my experience with you in case you are still looking for that reassurance or advice piece for yourself.

R

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Hummelstown, PA · Member since 2015 · 638 posts · 653 votes
    6y

    @Colleen Hunt

    Hi, full time REI here. I'm based in Hummelstown but I look for deals a lot over in Camp Hill as well.

    I don’t want to go into too much detail, but I’d just want to caution you to make sure you’re getting a good deal. There’s so many people overpaying for properties in our market. I’m not saying some of them don’t make money in the end, but I think most of them don’t, and the ones that do need to get lucky.

    Also, make sure you value your time. If you profit $5k on a deal, but you did all the work yourself and it took 500 of your hours over the course of a year, congrats you just took a part time job paying $10/hr.

    Feel free to message me if you want more market specific details.

  • Member since 2020 · 4 posts · 3 votes
    5y

    Hey, Colleen!

    I joined Bigger Pockets about four months ago, hoping to be able to network and meet some people, but the site is so expansive and saturated with information... it's a wonderful resource, and the tools are great, but it's definitely a chore, at least it has been for me, to make any connections.

    I just signed up for Debbie DeBerry's group (I know, it's a lot), and I have to tell you--the amount of personalized support I already feel like I have access to--it's a game-changer for me. I have personal access to women who are doing what I want to do, mentorship, active forums, etc... and I was surprised to find that I get responses to anything I ask almost immediately. That has NOT been my experience with other sites. Just thought I'd share my experience with you in case you are still looking for that reassurance or advice piece for yourself.

    R

  • Real Estate Agent · Long Beach Island, NJ · Member since 2019 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    Hi, this is a great resource and it's free for the most part. If you want the paid version it's only $399 a year. With the paid version you do get more access and more information.

    Unlike Rachel I would definitely not recommend Debbie DeBerry. My first interaction with her was good but when she changed her pricing she became horrible to interact with her, and the females she now has as assistants are rude and unprofessional. Personally I don't think you need to spend thousands of dollars on these people and their programs. You can get all the information you need for free on here and on YouTube. What you will need is a list of really good private money lenders and a handful of hard money lenders. If you're looking for contractors just go on to the nextdoor app and look up a page that someone may have created called contractors and start asking around who the best ones and most reliable ones are.

    Hope this helps and if you did opt in to that lady Debbie DeBerry I hope you had a much better experience than I. But personally I would not recommend her to my worst enemy.

  • Member since 2022 · 1 post · 0 votes
    4y

    Hi. I would like share my most recent experience with a Fliptress phone apt.  I certainly appreciated the get to the point, swift manner in which the associate handled her work.  Many times when you can not participate at the moment companies will harass and pressure to do something you can not at the moment.  How refreshing to do business this way! 👏👏

  • Member since 2021 · 1 post · 0 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Desiree Mendes:

    Hi. I would like share my most recent experience with a Fliptress phone apt.  I certainly appreciated the get to the point, swift manner in which the associate handled her work.  Many times when you can not participate at the moment companies will harass and pressure to do something you can not at the moment.  How refreshing to do business this way! 👏👏


Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.