Buy Raw Land and Build House using a 203k Loan?

Buy Raw Land and Build House using a 203k Loan?

Jersey City, NJ · Member since 2012 · 127 posts · 10 votes

Does anyone know if it is possible to buy land and build a house using a 203k rehab loan? In other words, the loan would be based on the full cost of the land PLUS the house?
Thanks

0Reply
12 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Wholesaler · Newark, DE · Member since 2011 · 50 posts · 4 votes
    13y

    It would not be a 203K from what I've read you would do FHA construciton to Perm.
    they will roll all costs into the loan and it is still only 3.5% down I think.
    problem I have run into is they are only doing it on manufactured or prefab. you can't get the loan to do a stick built home on it.
    I was looking at doing this on a lot I have in Philly, do a 4 plex and move in. but there are not a lot of people who do the laons. Google it and start looking for "FHA construction to perm"

  • Jersey City, NJ · Member since 2012 · 127 posts · 10 votes
    13y

    Thanks Ben.

  • Real Estate Agent · Tempe, AZ · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 543 votes
    3y

    @Matt Liu

    the 203k is a rehab loan, which means that if you are building a new home, there's actually nothing to rehab. The 203k cannot be used to build a new home, but it can be used to move an existing home to your new land location. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.