How to Get Discount at Home Depot After Spending $50,000??

How to Get Discount at Home Depot After Spending $50,000??

Developer · Honolulu, HI · Member since 2018 · 111 posts · 93 votes

I spent over 50k at Home Depot last year and plan to spend more this year. Any recommendations on how to get automatic discounts? I have a pro account and "Commercial Revolving Card" with them, but that's basically just fuel rewards and discounts on paint which is cheaper at Sherwin Williams. 

1Reply
53 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 1 vote
5y

I've heard that home depot has the 11% rebate offer similar to Menards only they don't advertise it. Search online for the home depot rebate center and you'll be able to enter your receipts. It's not automatic and does require some effort, but if you can get $5500 back over the course of the year, seems worth it to me!

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Theresa HarrisPro Member
    Member since 2019 · 15k+ posts · 11k+ votes
    5y

    Next time you are there, ask at the customer service desk.  Also look into credit cards that give you dividends (basically cash back at the end of the year based on how much you spent).

  • Rental Property Investor · Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    I've heard that home depot has the 11% rebate offer similar to Menards only they don't advertise it. Search online for the home depot rebate center and you'll be able to enter your receipts. It's not automatic and does require some effort, but if you can get $5500 back over the course of the year, seems worth it to me!

  • Member since 2019 · 448 posts · 306 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Zander Kempf:

    I spent over 50k at Home Depot last year and plan to spend more this year. Any recommendations on how to get automatic discounts? I have a pro account and "Commercial Revolving Card" with them, but that's basically just fuel rewards and discounts on paint which is cheaper at Sherwin Williams. 

     Zander,

    I am in the same situation as you. All employees at Home Depot have the ability to give 10% off. You have to ask them. Some give them to me every once in a while if they know I have a tough time moving it or something. I also buy a lot of things in bulk so I get the bulk price at least.

    I have actually gone to the manager and asked him point blank "How much do I have to spend in here for me to get 10% off when I come in." and he politely told me no.

    -Matt

  • Investor · Glen Carbon, IL · Member since 2013 · 40 posts · 18 votes
    5y

    @Zander Kempf

    Instead of buying a little at a time in 100 or 200 transactions (we’ve all done this), put together as large of an order as possible for each project or phase, and take that list to pro desk, asking what discount they will give. It’s not unusual to get 20% discount, or at least 10% at minimum. It varies for each product, but the more you lump together, the more leverage you have, and the larger the discount at Home Depot.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.