Real Estate Investor · Central, TX · Member since 2012 · 479 posts · 165 votes
I'm in the process of buying a foreclosure that had the main circuit breaker (disconnect) stolen. The main panel is located in the house and is fine. I've got some electricians coming out to give me some estimates but was wondering how much this has cost you.
Probably going to replace with a 200 amp service. The wire that feeds the main panel was also cut, so will need a new run from disconnect to main panel (20 feet').
Investor · Walpole, MA · Member since 2011 · 136 posts · 20 votes
13y
Ryan Richard and John H., I'm going through this now in MA. I've have about 1300 total in parts and labor. Local utility will connect from pole after inspections. I will be paying extra because I'm actually changing the pole the service is being fed from (need to actually confirm this). The cost included from new weather head to new 100 amp, socket, panel, breakers and also included running some new lines inside. Last one I had done was in the same ballpark, also with additional lines for baseboard heat. I think in both cases the additional lines only added about 200 max.
Contractor · Round Rock, TX · Member since 2013 · 767 posts · 389 votes
13y
He'll no. It's a money grab. Texas big thing for business is its right to work. It's business friendly and not as employee friendly. You still pay sales tax which is 6.25% state and a lot of cities 2%. Then there is franchise tax which they have reduced.