What does it cost to refinish a tub in 2021?

What does it cost to refinish a tub in 2021?

Joe S.Pro Member
Investor · San Antonio · Member since 2020 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes

What does it cost to refinish a tub in 2021? I’ve seen some post seven or so years back that referenced refinishing tubs. What is the going rate to refinish it tub since inflation hit? 

0Reply
22 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Roswell, GA · Member since 2016 · 73 posts · 38 votes
4y

I have paid $1000. for the tub and the tile surround.  Just the tub is around $300

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Roswell, GA · Member since 2016 · 73 posts · 38 votes
    4y

    I have paid $1000. for the tub and the tile surround.  Just the tub is around $300

  • Joe S.Pro Member
    OP
    Investor · San Antonio · Member since 2020 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    4y
    Originally posted by @Brian Erlich:

    I have paid $1000. for the tub and the tile surround.  Just the tub is around $300

    So they refinish the whole surround. Is there an anticipated lifespan on the refinish? 

  • Investor · Roswell, GA · Member since 2016 · 73 posts · 38 votes
    4y

    I am not sure about the exact life, but it stands up pretty well to normal wear.  It lasted 3 years so far, in a rental of ours.  We used a company called unique refinishers.

  • Lender · Montgomery County, MD · Member since 2021 · 13 posts · 7 votes
    4y

    I normally pay $250 for just the tub.

  • Lender · Member since 2018 · 46 posts · 34 votes
    4y

    @Joe S. I typically pay around $250-$350 for the whole tub and surround. In some case our painter has had to do 2-3 coats in order to get the color and texture right on a flip house, which in turn will cost extra.

  • Investor · Amherst, NH · Member since 2017 · 42 posts · 20 votes
    4y

    @Joe S. Generally I pay about $600 for a tub and surround. Works great to make a tub in a flip look great. Don’t think I would use it on a rental though.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.