2021 Market in Louisville, KY

2021 Market in Louisville, KY

Real Estate Agent · Louisville, KY · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes

Excited for all the opportunity 2021 will be bringing! Local industries such as Humana, USPS, Amazon, and the bourbon industry have been thriving! Restaurants and short term rentals have taken a massive hit. I fully expect them to bounce back. Inventory and low interest rates are still a major factor in our market. So much so, we had 11% appreciation during a pandemic, that is nuts! Biggerpockets had our market  ranked 6th overall in collection of rent, likely due to our strong industries. I expect accelerated appreciation next year to continue. Commercial office space will be bad. Hoping the city changes some of the zoning rules downtown to make the freed up space a draw to downtown. Ending the eviction stoppage will be a boost for buy and holds. Flips are harder to comeby, but move relatively quickly. What are you excited to see happen in our market in 2021? 

1Reply
36 views

Most Popular Reply

New to Real Estate · Shepherdsville, KY · Member since 2020 · 38 posts · 10 votes
5y

@Rob Bergeron do you know what the big warehouse building is going to be at Outer Loop and 65?

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Edmonds, WA · Member since 2020 · 54 posts · 32 votes
    5y

    @Rob Bergeron

    Personally I am excited to see how the Retail and Office sectors adapt. This is a unique time where there will be amazing opportunities. So I am very excited to see who shines through the tough times!

  • New to Real Estate · Shepherdsville, KY · Member since 2020 · 38 posts · 10 votes
    5y

    @Rob Bergeron do you know what the big warehouse building is going to be at Outer Loop and 65?

  • Investor · Champaign- Urbana IL · Member since 2020 · 6 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    That’s is nuts for appreciation!
    @Rob Bergeron

    what is typical appreciation for our market ?

    I expect to see inflation driving up appreciation as well !!!


    thanks,

    Harshil. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Louisville, KY · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Harshil Swaminarayan:

    That’s is nuts for appreciation!
    @Rob Bergeron

    what is typical appreciation for our market ?

    I expect to see inflation driving up appreciation as well !!!

    5-7% of late! There is no where to build! Exciting times! 
    thanks,

    Harshil. 

  • Investor · Sellersburg, IN · Member since 2017 · 16 posts · 5 votes
    5y

    I'm actually excited to see the growth over the bridge in New Albany, Jeffersonville, and the surrounding southern Indiana areas. I think there is a lot of potential due to the recent growth & exposure that covid has given the Indiana side of the river. I'm looking at getting my second property over there. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Louisville, KY · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Jake Steele:

    I'm actually excited to see the growth over the bridge in New Albany, Jeffersonville, and the surrounding southern Indiana areas. I think there is a lot of potential due to the recent growth & exposure that covid has given the Indiana side of the river. I'm looking at getting my second property over there. 

    It is 100%  blowing up for sure. Restaurant shutdown has been a big revenue source for Southern Indiana as well. Exciting to see all the movement!  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.