I am a young real estate investor, who just purchased her first tax lien. Despite what I have read online, the process post-sale is still rather confusing to me. The problem is tax sales are so specific to the county. My questions are:
1) What does a buy sheet look like/ where can I find mine?
2) what is a 5% certificate?
3) for future tax sales, what is the best way to find info. about the parcel numbers, other than the treasurer website?
Thank you for your assistance, it is greatly appreciated.
Specialist · Member since 2019 · 25 posts · 12 votes
4y
Hi Emma,
If you are looking for an auction list, all 3,000+ counties create auction lists for tax lien certificates and tax-defaulted property.
Never heard of a 5% certificate…?
For future tax sales, all properties are announced online and in the newspaper. However, all the information on the parcel is in the county records. You could also get some information from the GIS Mapping System.