State Held Tax Delinquent Property in Alabama
Just wanted to know if anyone has any experience with this in the Alabama (Mobile) market?
We have a 3 year right of redemption here, so I can go on our revenue commissioner website and look up parcels and apply to buy the property for an amount they email me, and if the state has owned that property for 3 or more years, they would issue me a tax deed.
I've done a little research on it and understand that I would have to either take open possession for 3 years, which could be a bit risky, or I could pay around 3k - 5k and file a quietclaim deed through the courts after I receive the tax deed. Then it would be mine I understand.
What am I missing here? This sounds too good to be true? Is this something you have done successfully in Alabama? What have you learned in the process, or what should I watch out for? What kind of attorney should I look for to do the quietclaim deed? Am I skipping steps?
I have all the questions! Insight on this is so appreciated.
Thanks, Shea