Title company not wanting in insure sherrif's deed

Title company not wanting in insure sherrif's deed

Real Estate Agent · St Petersburg, FL · Member since 2015 · 11 posts · 0 votes

I bought a property in a tax sale in Montgomery County, TX.   It is not Homesteaded or Agriculture, and 6 months have elapsed since recording of the sherrif's deed.   I have a buyer interested, but their title company will not insure it, stating 2 years must elapse before they will insure it.

Has anyone come across this before and can you recommend a strategy that will enable me to sell it before 2 years expires?  Obtaining quiet title?   Finding a different title company?   Other ideas?   Thanks!

0Reply
10 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Roanoke, VA · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 374 votes
    11y

    contact a good lawyer and different title company in your area 
    good luck @Account Closed

  • Lewisville, TX · Member since 2015 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    11y

    @Account Closed

    Tim, take a look at this discussion that I started in the forum.  I think it answers your question.

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/12/topics/214...

  • Real Estate Agent · St Petersburg, FL · Member since 2015 · 11 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    Very helpful, thank you!   I'll post the conclusion and steps taken later this week! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.