Hey all, I have recently been hearing about marketing to tax deliquent properties from the BP podcast and forums. My question is, does anyone have any experience with getting a tax deliquent list from Tarrant, Dallas, and Collin counties? I would really like to here from someone who has successfully pulled or purchased such lists directly from the county.
Residential Real Estate Broker · Hurst, TX · Member since 2015 · 40 posts · 22 votes
10y
Yes, that is it FLSOnline and they have lists for bankruptcy, pre forclosure, sheriff sale, delinquent tax, etc...It is a great resource. Roddyroundupdfw has monthly meetings in Addison as well that are great networking and learning events. They are one in the same.
Plano, TX · Member since 2014 · 197 posts · 33 votes
10y
Hi @Nicholas Jones. @Scott MacArthur might be talking about 4closure.info, that site has the pre-foreclosure listing for the DFW area. I am not sure if you can selective pick the tax delinquent properties prior to foreclosure. I would be interested to find out. Let me know if you do find one
Residential Real Estate Broker · Hurst, TX · Member since 2015 · 40 posts · 22 votes
10y
Yes, that is it FLSOnline and they have lists for bankruptcy, pre forclosure, sheriff sale, delinquent tax, etc...It is a great resource. Roddyroundupdfw has monthly meetings in Addison as well that are great networking and learning events. They are one in the same.
Agent/Investor · Murphy, TX · Member since 2013 · 542 posts · 304 votes
10y
As @Scott MacArthur and @Mark S. have said FLS has an online search engine that will allow you to select tax delinquent properties by city, county, zip, length of delinquency, etc. There is a per property change for this. They also provide a list of tax delinquent properties scheduled for the Sheriff's sale each month by county and the price varies by county. You can also get this info from the tax assessor's office but that's just a dump of everyone who has past due taxes. Free but it's just a ton of raw data.
Investor · Colleyville, TX · Member since 2015 · 41 posts · 18 votes
10y
FYI - the tax deed auctions in the great State of Texas are conducted by three separate law firms. You can go to their respective web site and d/l the files. They are usually posted by the second week of the month preceding the auction. It is all free. The county may or may not have the list or even know what you are asking for.
Now there are a few counties in Texas, (remember she has 256 cnty's) that do not have Law Firm representation. So there are times when those auctions are consider gold mines.
Plano, TX · Member since 2014 · 197 posts · 33 votes
10y
hey @Charlie Vess, I haven't heard that before. That is great information. Do you know why a different lawyers name would be listed on the substitute trustee document then? I checked one and he didn't belong to the firms you mentioned, but it did say he works for the National Default Exchange which must be related to the foreclosures as well.
On another note, do you happen to know where to get code enforcement lists in Texas do you? The county said to talk to the city but I don't think there is a site with the listings. I am trying to do an open records request....
Investor · Colleyville, TX · Member since 2015 · 41 posts · 18 votes
10y
Mark - I do not have an answer reference the different attorney's. I can only speculate that it was the luck of the draw. I noticed that in your county, they use a private law firm. Personally I only transact in Tax Liens/Deeds and not foreclosures.
Reference the "code enforcement" list, Karlton is correct in that some are posted on the city web sites. I've also had great response by contacting or visiting the code enforcement office. Best! Charlie
Plano, TX · Member since 2014 · 197 posts · 33 votes
10y
@Charlie Vess thank you for your insight on both topics. I am reaching out to the city recorders and hope to get some "great responses," fingers crossed.
It is really interesting to me how the foreclosure and tax process works in TX. Having the auction on the county steps definitely takes you back in time, I can just imagine people 100 years ago doing the same thing we are doing now.