I need help with the steps of being a house flipper

I need help with the steps of being a house flipper

Richland, WA · Member since 2016 · 8 posts · 3 votes

I live in the Tri-Cities but I think i want to take my real estate investing career into Portland, Oregon. I will do more than just flip houses but this is how i want to start. I want to know how to find a good agent. I found a agent in the tri cities but we are not meeting eye to eye. But since I decided I am going to Portland it wont matter anyway. I want to know more about hard money loans. The risks to that. What I need to look for in my first house flip. I want to hear success stories? Did anyone start with flipping and then go to something else? Help me out guys.

0Reply
9 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Clarksville, TN · Member since 2016 · 15 posts · 8 votes
10y

Hi @Joey Mack. I'm also an investor in the Portland market. Welcome! One way to find a good agent is to get on Zillow.com and click on the find an agent tab.  You may have to kiss a few frogs to find someone you really like and 'click' with, but look through the listings to find those agents that work with investors.  As far as hard money lenders are concerned, you can find them all over. Google is your friend.  Stay away from the ones that want a large deposit just to do business with them.  There will be points on each of your loans but call a few of them to find the best deal on points and rates. Don't just stop with one or two. Best of luck to you!

See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2014 · 173 posts · 128 votes
    10y

    @Joey Mack, You might want to put this question in the Rehabbing and House Flipping Forum as you will likely get more response there.  Best of luck in your journey.

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/67-rehabbing-and-flipping-forum

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Bend, OR · Member since 2016 · 209 posts · 87 votes
    10y

    Hey Joey, 

    You should check out the book, "The Real Estate Rehab Investing Bible" by Paul Esejian. I found it to be super helpful in regards to flipping homes. I'm also an agent in the Portland area and would love to chat with you!

    Take care!

    Chris

  • Rental Property Investor · Clarksville, TN · Member since 2016 · 15 posts · 8 votes
    10y

    Hi @Joey Mack. I'm also an investor in the Portland market. Welcome! One way to find a good agent is to get on Zillow.com and click on the find an agent tab.  You may have to kiss a few frogs to find someone you really like and 'click' with, but look through the listings to find those agents that work with investors.  As far as hard money lenders are concerned, you can find them all over. Google is your friend.  Stay away from the ones that want a large deposit just to do business with them.  There will be points on each of your loans but call a few of them to find the best deal on points and rates. Don't just stop with one or two. Best of luck to you!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.