Any one interested to join for 3 day tax lien workshop in Irving.

Any one interested to join for 3 day tax lien workshop in Irving.

Investor · Frisco, TX · Member since 2015 · 6 posts · 0 votes

Hi all,

       I signed up for three day Tax Lien and RE work shop with Govt. Tax Lien network Nov 18th -20th. I paid 595$. Let me know if any one interested in joining me preferably from Frisco, plano area..

Honestly not expecting a lot from this work shop.Just giving it a shot.

Cheers

0Reply
17 views

12 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Peoria, AZ · Member since 2016 · 18 posts · 7 votes
    9y

    Are these property tax liens? If so I can give you some free advise. Let me know.

  • Investor · Frisco, TX · Member since 2015 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    Yes Bob.. Please share your knowledge. thanks

  • Real Estate Investor · Peoria, AZ · Member since 2016 · 18 posts · 7 votes
    9y

    I am afraid you overpaid for the information you will be receiving. Here is a review of Government Tax Lien Investing that was based upon reviews previously posted on BiggerPockets:

    http://www.highya.com/government-tax-lien-network-...

    Here is a website that offers FREE webinars on how tax liens work in one interesting state. Also webinars explaining tax deeds. They invest in Texas Tax Deeds and explain how they work, This is free.   I have watched them a number of times. Let me know what you think and  if you don't understand something, let me know.

    http://pipgrouptaxliens.com/webinars/

  • Investor · Frisco, TX · Member since 2015 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    Thanks Bob.I actually cancelled and requested refund after researching reviews. You know of any investment company that does these for you..Of course only if they are credible. ha ha

    thanks for the webinar info, I will be sure to check those out. Do you have any personal experience with Liens

  • Spring, TX · Member since 2016 · 243 posts · 203 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Bob Martin:

    Here is a website that offers FREE webinars on how tax liens work in one interesting state. Also webinars explaining tax deeds. They invest in Texas Tax Deeds and explain how they work, This is free.   I have watched them a number of times. Let me know what you think and  if you don't understand something, let me know.

    http://pipgrouptaxliens.com/webinars/

    Thanks for the link Bob! Also, do you have any recommendations for podcasts on BP (in general, or tax related)? 

  • Investor · Frisco, TX · Member since 2015 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    Hi Kevin,

                Glad to e meet you. Have you had any experience with Tax Liens. I would like to have local network of similar minded investors. thanks

  • Spring, TX · Member since 2016 · 243 posts · 203 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Krupal Jennapureddy:

    Hi Kevin,

                Glad to e meet you. Have you had any experience with Tax Liens. I would like to have local network of similar minded investors. thanks

    Krupal, 

    No experience yet, but looking to make a purchase hopefully in the next month or so. Still a lot to learn, but I think my best bet is to jump in and learn as I go. Trying to focus on land versus homes to minimize my risks and stay out of some of the more complicated issues that I've read about on BP.

  • Real Estate Investor · Peoria, AZ · Member since 2016 · 18 posts · 7 votes
    9y

    @Krupal and @Kevin. Hello! To answer your question about have I bought tax liens before: yes in Arizona about five years ago. I became discouraged because I was not able to obtain the interest rates that are so widely advertised. There is a BiggerPockets member Jerry K. who has a blog on purchasing Arizona tax liens online. He was able to find high yields on  residential parcels rather than just raw land. I'm going to query him for some additional information and will be buying the AZ liens in February.

    There are a number of companies offering to buy tax liens and do due diligence for investors. In the beginning I could find none that offered any past performance or hinted at what type off ROI I could expect. Most charged too much for their service fees. I finally found one that is full service (if title to the property is aquired, they handle repairs and selling of the property. I could not afford their initial investment but my son invested and is getting a very nice return. I am going to join some investment clubs in Arizona and see if I can find members to join in a partnership with me to invest with this company.

  • Real Estate Investor · Peoria, AZ · Member since 2016 · 18 posts · 7 votes
    9y

    I don't think the link I gave you for the free webinars on tax liens and tax deeds is working. If not, try this link and scroll down and sign up for their webinars. They are truly well done and you will learn some really interesting things. Keep in touch.

    https://pipgroup.com/tax-liens/

  • Real Estate Investor · Peoria, AZ · Member since 2016 · 18 posts · 7 votes
    9y

    @Kevin You mentioned BP podcasts. I've only found this forum 2 days ago so I did a search on tax lien podcasts. You'll find a number of them and my search even turned up a BP podcast which I am linking. 

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2014/02/0...

    This link gives you the option of looking at the transcript. I suggest you print it out and study it closely. You'll get an idea how much work is involved in lien investing if you want to do on a substantial level.

  • Investor · Frisco, TX · Member since 2015 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    Bob, Kevin .. I spoke to PIP group.They are turn key in this. They work with your Self directed IRA.I think i'll invest with them and see how it works.

  • Real Estate Investor · Peoria, AZ · Member since 2016 · 18 posts · 7 votes
    9y

    Krupal,  well done. I think you'll be happy. Please let us know how it's working for you

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.