DeKalb County lien on a tax lien property

DeKalb County lien on a tax lien property

Kevin PolitePro Member
Investor · Decatur Atlanta, GA · Member since 2011 · 610 posts · 232 votes

DeKalb County placed a lien on a  tax lien property I was I was too purchase from another investor in DeKalb County. A year has passed and the investor has filed a barment - foreclosure of redemption - and has taken ownership of the property this past week. However, the home was "in rem" because prior to this investor acquiring the tax lien and the county had torn down a eye sore home on the property. The new lien is for tearing the house down. The lien was attached in February, but didn't show up until recently. I'm sure this is a legal questions, but any ideas on is the lien enforceable on the new owner? Deal not as attractive with the lien. 

0Reply
18 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2019 · 25 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    @Kevin Polite  Hi Kevin, whatever happened with this? I'm looking at a property that has several county liens (Escambia County, FL) and I was wondering if anyone knew if those liens can get waived or not. The costliest liens are for not paying Escambia County unemployment taxes. Anybody have any experience here? THX!

  • Kevin PolitePro Member
    OP
    Investor · Decatur Atlanta, GA · Member since 2011 · 610 posts · 232 votes
    6y

    @Jamie Psmith the seller worked that out with the county. I actually just completed and sold that property earlier this month. Depending on the amount of the lien it may be best to get an attorney involved. That's what the buyer did. He never told me what the attorney fees were, but it took him over a year to get it settled before he could sell to me. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.