OH Tax Deed Sale with other Liens

OH Tax Deed Sale with other Liens

Franklin, OH · Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes

I'm looking at buying a property in a tax deed sale county for personal use (not resale).  

Currently, there are multiple liens on the property including Ohio State Income Tax, Mortgage Company, and Gas/Electric Company.

If I purchase the tax deed, does this purchase fall under Ohio Revised Code section 5723.12?  It appears that based on this, the title is free and clear.

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/5723.12v1

Anyone have any idea if I'm correct in saying that based on the current types of liens listed above, the deed will be free and clear?

Thanks for any help you can provide,

Jake

0Reply
14 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Strongsville, OH · Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    8y

    Hi Jake, I would suggest calling the auditor's office of the county where you will be purchasing. They should be able to tell you. Good luck!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.