Buying Notes in Lynn, MA? How do I access banks with mortgage notes

Buying Notes in Lynn, MA? How do I access banks with mortgage notes

Real Estate Investor · Clearwater, FL · Member since 2010 · 2 posts · 1 vote

I’m looking for mortgage notes to buy in Lynn, MA. Any leads how I could find these? Looking for connections to banks, etc.

The investor is looking to buy about $10 million, to start.

The purpose, ultimately, of buying these notes is to negotiate with the owner for a deed en lieu or friendly foreclosure.

Thanks

1Reply
20 views

Most Popular Reply

Portsmouth, OH · Member since 2009 · 198 posts · 54 votes
15y

Peter,

Welcome to BP!

Have a realtor pull short sale listings in your area for you. After some DD group the ones you want to buy and send in your LOI to the lender. You could also contact the main administrative office for the lenders. If you call ask to speak to either the Secondary Marketing Department, Special Assets, Capital Assets, or Capital Markets Department. If they don't have such a department, ask to speak to the department that handles the defaulted residential or commercial loans, not foreclosures.

Here are a couple of websites that could help you in your search. I have nothing to gain by any ones use of these sites.

creditunionaccess.com
thecommunitybanker.com
laneguide.com

Good luck in your search.

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Portsmouth, OH · Member since 2009 · 198 posts · 54 votes
    15y

    Peter,

    Welcome to BP!

    Have a realtor pull short sale listings in your area for you. After some DD group the ones you want to buy and send in your LOI to the lender. You could also contact the main administrative office for the lenders. If you call ask to speak to either the Secondary Marketing Department, Special Assets, Capital Assets, or Capital Markets Department. If they don't have such a department, ask to speak to the department that handles the defaulted residential or commercial loans, not foreclosures.

    Here are a couple of websites that could help you in your search. I have nothing to gain by any ones use of these sites.

    creditunionaccess.com
    thecommunitybanker.com
    laneguide.com

    Good luck in your search.

  • Virtual Assistant · bronx, NY · Member since 2010 · 25 posts · 2 votes
    15y

    hello
    i have a note for sale in palmer, MA severely distressed for 432k

    if interested contact me

  • Real Estate Investor · Gloucester, MA · Member since 2011 · 1 post · 0 votes
    15y

    Peter,

    I currently have a defaulted note for sale in Lynn MA. The property is a mixed commercial/ residential building. It has the following details which I think would make it ideal for an investor:

    The seller of the note is investor friendly
    The property has 200K equity
    Property is almost fully leased and cashflowing
    The owner of the building is cooperative and willing to negotiate.
    The current balance on the note is 572K and it is being sold for 390K with financing possible

    If you or anyone else is interested please contact me and I can send more details.

    Thanks

  • Real Estate Investor · Reading, MA · Member since 2008 · 124 posts · 15 votes
    15y

    I'd be interested in this note...send me a pm or email me [EMAIL REMOVED]

  • Real Estate Investor · Springfield, MA · Member since 2010 · 49 posts · 10 votes
    15y

    Posting this up in case you see it here Peter as well, but I sent you a request.

    I have 2 NPN's on apartment buildings in Lynn. ~2.8m unpaid balances total.

    Again, hope you can see this and contact if interested.

    Thanks!

  • Real Estate Investor · Cda, ID · Member since 2009 · 10 posts · 0 votes
    15y

    Go Matt! Good luck!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.