Where can I get an Alabama Tax Delinquent List?

Where can I get an Alabama Tax Delinquent List?

Rental Property Investor · Sugar Land, TX · Member since 2013 · 113 posts · 27 votes

I know where I can find a Tax Delinquency List of properties that have been sold to the state because they didn't sell at the County Auction...but where can I locate a list of properties that are Tax Delinquent at the County? Referring to Alabama..Thanks!

1Reply
496 views

Most Popular Reply

JD, CCIM , Real Estate Broker · Tuscaloosa, AL · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
6y

@Tiarai Fields and @Robert Sims, you can also go to www.parcelfair.com and pay a $30 per month subscription fee (no longer term commitments) and search by neighborhoods or other criteria.  I think that is the BEST value for your time and money.

See this reply in the discussion

13 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Location Independent · Member since 2018 · 21 posts · 19 votes
    7y

    https://revenue.alabama.gov/property-tax/taxes-administered/tax-delinquent-property-and-land-sales/

  • Rental Property Investor · Sugar Land, TX · Member since 2013 · 113 posts · 27 votes
    7y

    Thanks Danny.  That's the list I already know about.  This is the list of lists of properties already sold to the state.  I'm looking for the lists that the counties have before they put properties up for auction.

  • Real Estate Investor · Nashville TN · Member since 2009 · 287 posts · 171 votes
    7y

    Hi you're looking for delinquent tax list- these typically have not been sold to the state. These are just behind on their property taxes... and after XXXX amount of time (varies) will be sold at tax sale.

    You generally need to call/email the office of CFO, person in IT department, person in tax office (call around to all of them, varies), and ask for delinquent tax list. Making clear you want 'delinquent tax roll' NOT list of properties going to tax sale. Let them know you'll pay whatever it costs up to $100 if they need to compile information for you.

    Be consistent, call around. Of my 5 local counties, I can get it from 4 of them.

  • Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    @Robert Sims did you ever have any luck? I’m in Alabama and I’m looking for a similar list.

  • Rental Property Investor · Sugar Land, TX · Member since 2013 · 113 posts · 27 votes
    7y

    @Kristian James I never found an answer...however I am traveling to Birmingham this weekend to record some Deeds I have obtained on Monday. My thinking is that I'll keep working with the list at the State level. It's easy to obtain. Many counties are also going to the new Auction System.

  • Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    @Robert Sims the ones that are on the state revenue website? Aren’t those all owned by the state? And what new auction system are all the counties going too?

  • Real Estate Professional · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2012 · 23k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    7y

    I believe the only “list” is the one published just before the annual public auction.

  • Rental Property Investor · Sugar Land, TX · Member since 2013 · 113 posts · 27 votes
    7y

    I believe this is the only one as well.  At this time, I am only sticking with the State List.  

  • Rental Property Investor · Huntsville, AL · Member since 2019 · 11 posts · 4 votes
    6y

    Hi @Robert Sims can you please give any advice/suggestions on decoding the tax delinquent list to find addresses? Thanks!

  • Rental Property Investor · Sugar Land, TX · Member since 2013 · 113 posts · 27 votes
    6y

    @Tiarai Fields  I'm sorry it has taken so long to respond...I work in Education and we are busy with Testing Season right now...amongst the Holidays, etc...

    My journey has taught me that Tax Lien investing is kind of long and drawn out...

    Here is my process:

    Download the PDF for the County you want to invest in.  You can find the list for all Alabama Counties here.

    When I see a property on the list I am interested in, I then open the window for the County Tax Assessor Parcel Search and search for more information...such as property address, etc.  The Tax Assessor Parcel Search for Jefferson County can be found here.

    When I find something I am interested in bidding on, I submit my bid at the ADOR Bid site.  It can be found here.

    Don't expect a reply soon.  Some replies will be sent within a week, and some I am still waiting on after 6 months.  It is just something that takes patience.

    I recommend reading as much information as you can on BP...there are many excellent, top notch investors on here who offer great advice on here...much better than I.  I especially recommend following @Denise Evans.  She is a TREMENDOUS resource!  One of her writings I have learned from is from this post.  I have learned much from this source alone.

  • Rental Property Investor · Huntsville, AL · Member since 2019 · 11 posts · 4 votes
    6y

    @Robert Sims thank you so much for this information. I will check it out. Also, I have been in contact with Denise, she is awesome! Happy Holidays!

  • JD, CCIM , Real Estate Broker · Tuscaloosa, AL · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    @Tiarai Fields and @Robert Sims, you can also go to www.parcelfair.com and pay a $30 per month subscription fee (no longer term commitments) and search by neighborhoods or other criteria.  I think that is the BEST value for your time and money.

  • Rental Property Investor · Huntsville, AL · Member since 2019 · 11 posts · 4 votes
    6y

    @Denise Evans Thank you!!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.