Tax Liens in South Carolina

Tax Liens in South Carolina

Investor · Orangeburg, SC · Member since 2013 · 7 posts · 0 votes

Hi @John Underwood. I'm a newbie from Orangeburg, SC.I would like to purchase tax liens in Orangeburg County. Since I missed the auction held last month on December 3rd would like to look at the over-the-counter tax liens. What is the name of the list and where do I go to get this list in my county? I appreciate and info or advice. Thanks in advance.

0Reply
22 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Orangeburg, SC · Member since 2013 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    7y
  • John UnderwoodPro Member
    Investor · Greer, SC · Member since 2014 · 13k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Fred Rivers:

    Hi @John Underwood. I'm a newbie from Orangeburg, SC.I would like to purchase tax liens in Orangeburg County. Since I missed the auction held last month on December 3rd would like to look at the over-the-counter tax liens. What is the name of the list and where do I go to get this list in my county? I appreciate and info or advice. Thanks in advance.

     Different counties handle this differently. Call your local county delinquent tax office and ask them. They may have a secondary auction or it may be first come first served to buy OTC properties.

    Be warned no one wanted these properties at the auction so you will have to look through a bunch of garbage to find a possible gem.

  • Investor · Orangeburg, SC · Member since 2013 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    Hey @John Underwood. I found out in Orangeburg County that there is an assignment tax sale on Monday, February 4th. I plan to attend. What is an assignment tax sale and how does it differ from the tax sale held in October, November, and/or December? Thanks in advance for your response.

  • John UnderwoodPro Member
    Investor · Greer, SC · Member since 2014 · 13k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    7y

    @Fred Rivers I would guess that these are properties that did not sell at the primary auction and the lien time frame has already started. They likely will assign this lien at this secondary auction.

    There is a reason that no one wanted these properties the first time around, but you might find a gem in the rough if you look through all of them.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.