Redemption affidavit Alabama Jeff county

Redemption affidavit Alabama Jeff county

Specialist · Birmingham, AL · Member since 2018 · 11 posts · 2 votes

I purchased a tax certificate, the original owner attempted to redeem and sent me a form I had to sign I responded back certified mail with a date stating I agreed to redemption if done no later by a certain date. He failed to redeem in that time frame I then assigned the tax certificate over to someone else then a few weeks later That person assigned to someone else. He sent me a letter AGAIN stating that he wanted to redeem however I did not receive due to the fact I had nothing to do with the property any more. But I did respond to the one when the certificate was still recorded and assessed in my name.

The certificate was redeeemed by the original tax payer however he did not notify the CURRENT tax certificate holder and they allowed him to redeem due to the extra letter he sent me. Is this possible, how did they allow him to redeem when I’m not the tax certificate holder.

1Reply
80 views

Most Popular Reply

JD, CCIM , Real Estate Broker · Tuscaloosa, AL · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
7y

The taxpayer is given a new affidavit to send to the owner of record for the tax certificate. If the taxpayers sends it by certified mail, and then returns to the redemptions office showing the letter was unclaimed, or it was claimed with no response within ten days after being claimed, they will let him redeem.

See this reply in the discussion

28 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Sugar Land, TX · Member since 2013 · 113 posts · 27 votes
    7y

    @Denise Evans Thank you!  This is exactly the information I was searching for!

  • Member since 2019 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    @Denise Evans

    advice needed

     Well the let owner redeem without checking property card.

    I asked how is this possible. Was told they forgot to check. then when I called supervisor.Says redemption stands because I didn't tell redemption office how much I was owed. So that's just like not responding. Mind you this post was 4mos ago. this happened a week ago.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.