Tax lien Tampa???? What’s my best resolution ....

Tax lien Tampa???? What’s my best resolution ....

Tampa, FL · Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 2 votes

So I’m happily starting my research for my first real estate investment & as I’ve learned many strategies over the past 6 months looks as if I’ve submitted to one in particular to start my journey . My grandmother has heard me go on & on about the opportunity in the Tampa Bay market for a few years so she’s agreed to finance my first deal for a line of credit from a local bank for 50 k . Now I plan to go to the tax deed auction & find a property for roughly 25 grand (after of of course doing a intensive amount of investigating the property) then having 20,000 in potential rehab budget & 5,000 dollars in reserve . Now I have been to the tax deed auction in Tampa before once when I was 19 & it has been some years but I do remember competition was vast . I wanted to know if others have had success with these numbers or if I’m being too naive in my budget in mind . I would had to have had failing my grandmother & plan on bring her a great return of her money on her investment. Thanks BP !

1Reply
19 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Professional · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2012 · 23k+ posts · 13k+ votes
7y

There is still plenty of competition.  You can of course look at recent auction results, see what the properties went for in relation to what You would have paid for them.  Very few I guess go in the $25k range.

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Professional · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2012 · 23k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    7y

    There is still plenty of competition.  You can of course look at recent auction results, see what the properties went for in relation to what You would have paid for them.  Very few I guess go in the $25k range.

  • Tampa, FL · Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    @Wayne Brooks thanks Wayne . I’ve tried looking into different ways to find accurate recently sold sites that aren’t Zillow or realtor.com . Do you have any suggestions for a more accurate search ?

  • Real Estate Professional · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2012 · 23k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    7y

    Yeah, you simply look at the last auction results on the online platform the county uses, on the bid calendar.

  • Real Estate Agent · Fort Pierce, FL · Member since 2019 · 257 posts · 105 votes
    7y

    @Andre Franklin you may want to find a partner who’s done this before in your area. Half of a good deal being better than 100% of a bad deal. IMO you owe it to your grandma to go slow and super careful.

    “Plans can fall through, and so often they do.”

    - the smiths

  • Tampa, FL · Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    @Jermaine Chad Ingram thanks Jermaine ! I honestly ended up convincing my grandmother to pursue typical BRRRR using traditional method purchasing from MLS or wholesale then keeping to cash out refi . I have background in new construction & ran tons of deals to understand my market but still I am new to the entire process . Being that this is almost the training wheels moderate leveling of REI . Do you still suggest I get with a partner or should have my eyes set on maybe finding a mentor that has done this successfully to assure I'm going about this or go with my intuitive studying that I've been doing ?

  • Real Estate Agent · Fort Pierce, FL · Member since 2019 · 257 posts · 105 votes
    7y

    @Andre Franklin I also think that I could get private money from a friend to buy a house and fix it up but instead of borrowing my friends money and possibly losing it, what I’ve decided to do is start to generate more income by flipping vacant lots. Some people wholesale deals. But I feel it’s important to get some deals under my belt before I play with money from friends and family.

    Not only do I gain the experience of things blowing up in my face a couple of times but I also get to raise funds that I can put in the deal, as well as, allowing us to buy or build a better unit in the future.

    Whether you make a little money or lose a little money doesn’t matter, as long as you are finding deals, going through the process and actually closing the deal so that you give yourself the opportunity to find out what can go wrong.

    I challenge you to close 1 deal in the next 6 months without using any funds outside your own. Bird dogging counts.

  • Tampa, FL · Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    @Jermaine Chad Ingram understood !! I think I hear you loud & clear . I definitely will take on your challenge .

  • Real Estate Agent · Fort Pierce, FL · Member since 2019 · 257 posts · 105 votes
    7y

    @Andre Franklin looking forward to it

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.