Tax lien in life estate

Tax lien in life estate

Rental Property Investor · Mobile, AL (Mobile) · Member since 2019 · 23 posts · 5 votes

Has anyone on this forum purchased a tax lien that is listed as part of a life estate? What was the outcome? Is there any specific advice you can give on how to handle this?

Purchased OTC from state of Alabama. Records listed through county land records shows property is party of life estate with some remaindermen.

Property taxes have not been paid since 2016.

0Reply
13 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • John UnderwoodPro Member
    Investor · Greer, SC · Member since 2014 · 13k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    5y

    I have and I got the tax deed on the house and have it rented.

    If the remainderman ever produces a death certificate for the LE person then they deed the house to the remainderman. You only own what the LE person owns.

  • Rental Property Investor · Mobile, AL (Mobile) · Member since 2019 · 23 posts · 5 votes
    5y

    @John Underwood thank you! I will just hold the certificate and wait I guess. Thought about making some repairs but with about 5 remaindermen listed I first want to find out who is still living! Thanks!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.